The gathering of Evidence at Desert Freedom.

Tony's POV:

I looked up the information for the prison that he had escaped from. The prison was named Desert Freedom. The warden is John Marshall. The info had listed a phone number so anyone can contact him at work. I looked at the time and saw that it was noon so I picked up the phone and dialed it. The phone had rung a few times and then a dark, husky voice picked up. "Hello. This is Warden Marshall. Who am I speaking to?" he greeted. "Hi, this is Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo from NCIS. I was wondering about how one of your inmates escaped. His name would be Chad Dylan. What can you tell me about how he got out?" I asked. I heard him sigh through the phone. "Have you found him?" he asked. I rubbed my eyes. "No, we are still looking but any information about how he escaped and who might have helped him may help us" I said. "Okay. I prefer not to speak about it over the phone. People have called me paranoid but I just like to be careful, you know?" he asked. "Yea, I know. When can I come meet you?" I asked. "Whenever you like to. I'm here everyday from sunup and sundown" he replied. I gave it a little thought. As soon as possible would be better. "Is now a good time?" I asked. "Yea, come on over" he said, a little to happy. We said bye and I hung up. I grabbed my hat and weapon and stood up. I walked over to Gibbs's desk. "Boss, I'm going over to Desert Freedom to talk to Warden John Marshall about Chad Dylan" I informed. He looked up and I could tell he hasn't been sleeping. "You know boss, you should really catch some sleep. You look tired and everyone is out looking. We'll find her" I suggested. He sighed and nodded his head toward the elevator. I sighed and walked toward the elevator. "Take McGee with you!" Gibbs yelled back. "Hurry up McGee!" I yelled at Tim to get him to hurry as I pressed the elevator button.

He walked up next to me as soon as the elevator door opened. We stepped in and McGee pushed the button. I could see him glance at me once in a while through the corners of my eyes. "What is it?" I asked. "Umm...uhh...I was wondering how're you holding up" he stuttered. I sighed. "Don't worry about me, worry about Gibbs. He hasn't gotten any sleep due to the fact the CHAD HAS JESS!!" I yelled at him. He looked down and away from me. I looked forward again and took a deep breath. "I know he's taken it harder than anyone and hasn't been sleeping but you were the second closest person to her through the small amount of time that we knew her" McGee said, gently. "I'm not the second closest person to her. Director Shepard is. Have you noticed how hard she's taken it?" I snapped. He sighed. He looked forward. "Just trying to help" he commented. I sighed but said nothing. It was silence all the way to the car and to the prison.

Gibbs's POV:

DiNozzo just left with McGee to the prison where that bastard escaped. I was exhausted to the point where I can't read anything on the computer which I can barely understand and handwriting on a piece of white paper. I groaned as I tried to read another agent's report. I rubbed my eyes and got up. I looked around. I took a deep breath and exhaled. I went to the stairs and walked up to the Director's office. I was going to barge right in like I normally do but I knocked instead. Her secretary didn't try to stop me as I passed her desk to the door. I could see her mouth gaping open in my peripheral vision. Jenny soon opened the door and I walked in. I heard the door closed and I took a seat on the black leather couch facing the door. I put my head in my hands. "Jen, what do I do? It's my fault that she's gone. We both know that. I shouldn't have let her alone at the car. I shouldn't even brought her there but she knew the place better than we did. Jen, I need your help" I said, looking up at her. I could see the tear streaks on her cheeks and the redness in her eyes. I looked down. "Jethro, it's not your fault. Don't do that to yourself. I don't blame you and I shouldn't have snapped at you when you got back. There was nothing you could have done but for right now, you need to get some sleep. Lay down and close your eyes. I'll leave to give you privacy and I'll tell Stacy to not let anyone in here. I'll be down there supervising and try to find Jess. Okay?" I said. He shook his head and was going to stand up. I put my hands on his shoulders and gently pushed him back down. "That's an order not a suggestion" I said. He gave in and laid down and closed his eyes. I pulled a blanket over him and quietly left.

Tony's POV:

We arrived at the prison and it wasn't as big as I thought it was. I parked the car and we got out. I looked at McGee. "McGee, are you alright?" I asked. He looked at me, shocked. "Y-yea I'm fine" he replied. I nodded and walked to the entrance. "Who are you?" the security guard asked. We held up our badges. "I'm Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo and this is Agent Timothy McGee from NCIS. We're here to speak to Warden John Marshall" I informed. He buzzed us in and we had to get patted down. The guards had taken our weapons and knives as a safety precaution. A female security cop led us down several hallways and stairways till she stopped at a brown wooden door with a plaque on it which read Warden Marshall. She knocked and the same husky voice called out "come in". She opened the door and ushered us inside. We nodded our heads in thanks and proceeded to take our seats in front of the Warden's desk. Warden Marshall smiled and leaned forward. "Now, you must be Special Agent DiNozzo" he said while looking at McGee. I cleared my throat. "No, that would be me. He is Agent Timothy McGee" I replied. He leaned back. "Well, alright then. Let's get started. What is it that you would like to know?" he asked. McGee took out his notepad. "When did you notice that he was gone?" I asked. "When we found out that he escaped, we were done with lunch and a fight had broken out in the court yard so some security guards had to go break that up and escort the inmates to their cells. After that, we did a cell count. The security guard in charge of the cell count in his corridor. He saw that he wasn't in his cell so he rang out the alarm. Everyone was searching the whole compound and I went down to his cell and saw that his cell mate was dead. I was very disappointed that nobody had checked on him right away. I had held a meeting about that" Marshall answered. "Who was the last person that visited him?" McGee asked. "His brother I believe. We have the visitation room recorded with security cameras. I can get you the tapes of that visit if you'd like" he offered. "We would appreciate that" I said.

Warden Marshall had gotten us those tapes and we asked more questions. We stood up and we were at the door when he stopped us. "May I ask what this is about?" he asked. "He had kidnapped one of our agents" McGee replied. "Who?" he asked. There was silence. "Agent Jessica Gibbs" I replied. His eyes widened. "Jessica Gibbs was the woman who got him arrested" he said in recognition. We nodded. "I hope you find her" he said. We smiled. "Thanks" we said in unison. With that, we left and ten minutes later we were walking back to the car with our weapons and tapes. "McGee, you, Abby and I will go over those tapes very carefully, okay? Three sets of eyes are better than one" I said. He nodded. We got in our car and pulled out and drove back to base. I couldn't get the thought of her being tortured, hanging by her wrists in a dark basement out of my mind.

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. I'm sorry for the short chapter but wattpad was having trouble saving this chapter and I want to publish it and not have to write it again because I wouldn't have the time to. Thank you for reading my book. I appreciate it.