Teddy Bears

I walk back into work. I get on the elevator and press the button for my floor. I wait for a bit as the elevator brings me up. The doors soon open and I rush to my desk. I set my stuff down and log into my computer. I start to work on researching the teddy bears that we found in the storage area. I was looking into his financial report to see if I can find anything suspicious or really anything to explain the bears. I had a few questions about them like: was he selling them or was he buying them for himself or for someone else? I found large sums of money being withdrawn from his account every week. It looks like he was buying the teddy bears in bulk but why? At that moment, dad walked in. Everyone else was nowhere in sight. He set a cup of coffee on my desk and I took it happily. "What's going on with you and DiNozzo?" he asked, out of the blue. I smiled. "What do you mean?" I asked. "You two have matching rings that both of you wear on your ring finger" dad observed. I laughed. "We were in the elevator and an old lady came in and remarked on how cute of a couple we are. We are not a couple, dad. She had the two rings and gave them to us to wear so after a bit of convincing on the old lady's part, we accepted the rings" I explained. He nodded. "Just remember my rule about coworkers dating, Jess" dad stated. I rolled my eyes. "Tony and I are not dating, dad" I said. He sat down at his desk. I print out the financial reports and grabbed them from the printer. I highlighted the suspicious amounts of money being withdrawn. I stood up and stood in front of dad's desk. 

         "I did some searching into his financial records and I found this" I said, handing the papers. He took it and grabbed his glasses. "There are large sums of money being withdrawn from his accounts. Money that he shouldn't have just on his salary. Without looking into further yet, it looks like he bought the bears in bulk. I'm going to go see if Abby has found anything yet" I reported. Dad nodded. "Where is everyone else?" he asked. I shrugged. "I don't know. They were not here when I walked in. I haven't heard anything from them either" I replied. I smiled and turned away. I headed to the elevator in the back that would take me to Abby's lab. In less than five minutes, I was standing in the doorway to Abby's lab. Her music was blaring as she was typing away at her computer. I smiled and walked in. "Hey Abbs" I greeted. She turned around and ambushed me in a hug. I hugged back. I absolutely loved her hugs. She pulled away "What can I do for you, Jess" she said. "I was wondering if you got anything from the bears" I answered. She smiled brightly. "I got absolutely nothing! There's no indication that he had inserted anything in the bears for easy transport like drugs. I'm still going through the others but so far, they look absolutely normal" she replied. I nodded. I sat down in her spinny chair. "Do you have anything else bear or non-bear related?" I asked. "Some females perfume that I'm still trying to pinpoint on what kind of perfume it is" she said. 

         I spun around. "Are you saying we might be looking for a woman?" I asked. "I'm saying that a woman was recently with him near his time of death" Abby clarified. "Alright. I'll inform dad. Thanks Abs" I said, hugging her before I left. I got into the elevator and rode it back up. I walked out and back into the squad room. Everyone else had arrived. "So, Abby says so far with the bears, she has had no luck. However, she found female's perfume on the vic's clothing. She's currently trying to find the exact kind of perfume the woman wore" I reported to dad. He nodded and thought for a second. "He must have been in a relationship with a woman and kept it secret. Who is she and where can we find her?" Tony asked. "Could she be the one he was getting the bears for?" I asked. "That is what you guys are going to find out. I have to talk to the director" dad said as he got up and walked away. I sat down at my desk. "So, why are you guys late today?" I asked. "Slept in by accident" McGee and Ziva replied in unison. "I was busy" Tony avoided. "Busy with what?" I asked. He looked at me with an annoyed look. "With a personal thing you don't need to know about, Jess" Tony spoke sternly. My eyes widened at the attitude. "Okay Mr. Cranky-Pants" I spoke. I looked back at my computer screen and went back to work, going over what happened with Tony. I glanced at him to see he was focused on his own computer screen. I sighed and continued to work. I plan on asking Tony what was wrong with him later. He had never snapped at me before and I don't like it. So far, I was getting a whole lot of nothing. 

        After what felt like the millionth time of coming up with zilch, I hit my computer in anger. "Relax, Jess" McGee said. I got up and walked over to him and sat at the corner of his desk. "I can't find anything! It's like there is nothing about him that is suspicious or a tad bit illegal that can point to a motive" I exclaimed. "Same here but we need to keep a level head. Getting angry could lead to you missing the things you are looking for" McGee said. I sighed. "You're right, McGee" I said. He nodded. I still sat there and thought about the case and the victim. "What if we're looking in the wrong places?" I asked. "What do you mean?" Ziva asked. I stood and faced her. "What if what we are looking for isn't in his financials or his service record. What if we are missing something because we don't have it?" I asked. "What do you think we are missing, Jess?" Tony snapped. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows at him. "For one thing, why you seem to be taking out your anger at me" I spat. He looked down at his desk. "Good idea Jess. You and Tony go back to his apartment and look for whatever we may have missed. Ziva and McGee stay here and look through everything again!" dad ordered. I looked at Tony and grabbed my gear. He did the same. I grabbed the keys to the car and got into the elevator with Tony. I didn't say a word to him and he didn't speak either. We got to the car park and I held the keys towards him. "You go on ahead. I'll meet you there. I got something that I have to do" Tony said and got into a different car. I got sighed angrily and got into my car and sped off towards the vic's house.