1.24 | Someone To See + Take Me Home

Start from the beginning

I shrugged it off wondering just how obsessed he had to be with their clothes to wear only that.

However, when I returned to the desk after moving the hangers back to how they were, I couldn't shake the logo out of my head. Instead of giving the sketch I'd drawn a final touch, I started drawing the logo in the corner of the sheet. I didn't need an example to look at. It was imprinted in my memory.

No matter how many times I would try - not that I want to - I could never forget it. It was the only thing I had of the person because of whom I was alive right now. Else, years ago, I'd have bled out to my injuries.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

I got up from the chair to reach the door when I heard the front door opening, thinking it would be him. Instead, I heard unfamiliar voices. His flatmates. I turned the lock on the door to lock the door.

Ten minutes were up five minutes ago.

I was getting impatient.

Just as I turned to walk back to the door, I heard the conversation. "ASR!"

Arnav greeted, "Hey Mitch."

ASR? Why call someone by initials?

Mitch said, "You're alive after all. Where have you been, mate? You're never here these days."

"Just around," he answered briefly as if trying to cut the conversation short. "Are you staying?"

"Nah, a bunch of us are getting together to go out and celebrate the end of the semester. Want to come?"

"Another day."

Mitch complained, "Really, ASR. Where have you been these days? You haven't hung out with us in ages. There'll be girls."

Arnav's voice was right outside the door as if they had walked over. "Not in the mood."

Mitch gasped, "You and not in the mood for a hot girl? Found someone, have you?"

"I just have to pack up, Mitch. Nothing much."

"Pack? Don't you have another year though?"

"I got my internship requirement override and the few classes I have left, I'm taking them online over the summer so I'm pretty much done."

"Dang, mate. Lucky. But hey, if not today, you have to come out and celebrate with us tomorrow. One last time, yeah?"

"Sure," Arnav replied as if realizing Mitch wouldn't leave till he agreed.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Mitch seemed to be happy and bid, "Alright, catch you tomorrow."

I heard ruffling outside as Mitch probably left again and the knob was turning. I remembered I had locked it so I unlocked it again.

Arnav was done with college? I was trying to wrap my head around it when he pushed the door open. I was standing too close and it ended up hitting my nose.

I hissed stumbling back and he gaped in shock. "Ow!"

He asked through a curse "Shit, you okay?" and I rubbed my nose to relieve the sting.

"No," I grumbled. "Just take me back."

"Uh, yeah." He answered walking into the room, "Just a sec." He got the key for the safe again and quickly retrieved his phone. This time, he kept the key with him not wanting to take a detour to the desk and I walked out ahead of him.

If I had walked instead, I'd have already been back to my room.

The whole drive back, he didn't acknowledge that I'd have heard the conversation. It was still hard to believe he'd wiped off an entire year of college by getting an override and online classes.