Murasakibara ~The Creature and I~ Part 3

Start from the beginning

The heat radiating from his body caused a gush of wind blowing into the surroundings.

As you stood there, you could make out the limp bodies lying among the flames. Mountains of bodies, shattered armors and blood bathed soil.

"ARGHHH!!" the child, which you slowly realised was Atsushi, screamed. The emotions, blended into his veins. The sorrow and guilt that he bears on his own.

A figure materialized behind you. You sensed the presence and quickly turned on your heel to see a black cloaked mage with bloodshot eyes scowling at you.

When she smirked, her teeth were foul and black as well as animalistic. It was as if she has sharpened them on purpose. But, the terror lies in the torn cheeks only added more hideous effect onto her face.

"What was sealed has now been awakened!" she then laughed in the most hysteric way you have ever seen.

The world around you suddenly froze in mid motion. Cracks appeared before your eyes. The surrounding shattered and the last thing you saw was a pained Atsushi raging in his wake.

End of flashback

Those were the images you saw before your eyes shot open during the fall.

Something was wrong!

You wiped the blood off your lips and chin. You did your best to stand up even when your muscles were burning. You didn't want to give up.

You pressed your palm flat onto the ground. You chanted under your breath as you pushed the last bits of aura you have to form the Magic Circle around you and Atsushi. Runes spiraled from your hands and into the sky, rising to separate the two of you from the surroundings.

"ATSUSHI!" you yelled.

All he did was roared back at you, sending scorching heat in your direction.

Your eyes widened at the sight. You raised on of your hands to form a barrier to stop it but, it was no use. It shattered before you could fully form it. You closed your eyes.

"Atsushi!" Tears poured from your eyes. You saw it. There was something uncontrollable in his eyes. You saw the flicker of light when you called out his name.

To waited for the heat to burn you away.

But, it never came.

The sound of bells soared into the sky.

You opened your eyes to see that you were already surrounded by an orb of barrier. There were five colours.

Sky blue, dark blue, yellow, red and green. You felt the soft breeze brushing against your skin.

"We apologize fore the delay of our arrival, princess," a familiar voice was heard.

Chains glowing in different coloured auras bursted out of the ground and encircled Atsushi. He growled as his movements were restricted.

"All of you.." you said, feeling relief enter your being. Five men in white cloaks appeared in front of you. Even with their backs facing you, you could still recognize who they were.

Your dearest friends. The Generation of Miracles..

"We missed you, princess.." Seijurou turned to you, a smile on his lips.

"Man, 7 years of training and who'd knew this is our first quest!" Daiki cut in, scratching the back of his neck.

"We are here to rescue princess-cchi!" Ryouta beamed.

"Tsk! You make us worry too much, idiot." Shintarou pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Please take your time to recover, princess," Tetsuya gave you a small smile.

You smiled back at them, your tears overflowing.

You realised that your energy was slowly recovering. You looked down to see healing runes casted on the multi coloured barrier. You could feel your aura regaining it's natural flow in your veins.

"We will try to secure him. Will it be enough time for you to recover and deliver the final blow?" Seijurou asked.

You just nodded.

"Alright, let's do this!" Daiki was first to let his aura flare, the ground underneath him cracking.

"Oh!" Ryouta agreed, thunder clouds casting over him.

You watched as they tried to bring Atsushi to the ground because having him in chains weren't enough to secure him. You thought hard of what you could do. All the things you've learnt in the process of becoming a Court Mage flashed in your mind. Every detail, you scanned it all.

Then, it came to you.

The memory was tempered. The shattering of the images and the planted message proved it!

You knew exactly what to do!

You stood properly, facing them. Waiting for the upportunity the miracles will open for you. If there was any way of calming him, it was to reveal the real memories in him. There was a way.

As the five fought, they saw the determined look in your eyes.

"You all know what she's going to do, right?" Aomine yelled, above Atsushi's roars.

"Yeah," Kise replied.

The other three just nodded. They knew what was about to happen next.

___________________________________________________

By the way, I'm sorry if I made you guys wait for so long. I haven't updated in a while due to my part time job and I have also been focusing on my other book, "Where the Path Takes Me [Kise x OC]".

Writing a book is so hard! So, I had to put all my effort into it.

Sorry if the second half of this part is kind of rushed. I really don't know how to put it because I wrote the first half like, a month ago 😅😅. Anyway, look forward to the last part of this story. I had to cut it into the 4th part because it's hard for me to pack it into one part. I hope you understand~

See ya!

~kimmie_ryren