Eight

By the time you arrived at the bunker, you felt much better than you had in a long time. Dean knew you two were meant to be together, and he was completely happy with it. You knew, you had read his mind. He pulled up to the place he called home, instantly getting out and opening the door for you like a gentleman would in the olden days. 

  "Thank you." You said, smiling as you got out of the car. Dean nodded, going to grab your bag before leading you over to the door of the bunker. He opened the door, revealing the place where the Winchesters lived. 

  "Here we are. Home sweet home." Dean said, and you walked in before looking around in awe. This place was so big. And antique. There were things in there that you didn't know people still used, but by reading Dean's mind you realized people didn't use them. They had been left here. You turned back to the bunker, trying to take everything in. 

 "Wow, this place is massive." You commented, hearing Dean chuckle behind you. He brushed past you, telling you to follow him, and you gladly did so, not wanting to get lost. He lead you through the hall until you got to a room filled with books, the library, Dean thought. Sam was in the library, reading the book you had let him have. Smiling, you walked over to him, taking your bag from Dean and setting it on the table in front of Sam. 

  "Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asked, setting the book down. "I live here now. If that's okay with you." You replied, opening your bag. 

 "Of course it is, what are you doing?" Sam asked, and you turned to look at him. Smiling, you reached into your bag and pulled out a pile of books. You set them down next to your bag. 

 "I brought my whole library. So now you don't have to kill me for the books. You just have to ask." You said, and you watched as Sam's face lit up. You smiled, putting the books back in the bag before closing it. 

 "Now, this place seriously needs some cleaning. How do you two live like this?" You asked, looking around at all the cobwebs in the corners. They both shrugged, the typical male answer to any question regarding cleaning. Sighing, you shook your head, trying to hide your smile. It had been forever since you had anyone to take care of, and you weren't going to let this go. 

  "Well, we'll worry about that later." You said, looking at your watch. You sighed, looking up at Dean. "It's almost time. For me to die." You said, and you watched dread fill Dean's face. He didn't want to watch you die again, he couldn't. 

  "It's okay, I can take care of it myself. I've been doing it for centuries." You said, and you knew Dean was debating on helping you or not. "Dean. I've got it. Don't worry." You said, but you were actually terrified. No matter how many times you had done this it still scared you every time. Truthfully, you didn't want to be alone for this. 

 "It's okay Dean. I'll stay with her." Sam said suddenly, standing up. You and Dean both turned to look at him, shocked. 

 "Sam, that's sweet, but you don't have to do that." You said, but Sam shook his head. "Y/n, it's no trouble, If I had to go through what you go through I wouldn't want to be alone, and I'm not going to let you be alone." He said, and you smiled. 

  "Thank Sam." You said, and he nodded. Turning back to Dean, you took a deep breath. "Okay, Dean. Care to lead me to my room?" You asked, and Dean nodded before walking down the hall. You grabbed your bag, following him. 

  "Here we are. Right next to mine." Dean said, and you smiled. You opened the door, seeing that everything was covered in white sheets. 

  "We should leave those on. Until after I die. I don't want to get blood everywhere." You explained, walking in and dropping your bag to the floor. You felt the brothers' eyes on your back, and you tried your best to ignore it as you looked around the room. Turning back to them, you plastered on a fake smile. 

 "Alright, it should be happening in about three minutes. You can go Dean." You said. Dean walked over to you, pulling you into a hug and pressing a kiss to the top of your head. You buried your face into his chest, trying not to cry. 

  "I'll be here when you wake up, okay?" He said, and you nodded. He pulled away, sending you a smile before walking away, leaving you with Sam. You sat down on the bed, Sam coming to sit next to you. 

  "So, you and Dean." He said, his tone a little comical. You looked at him, smirking. "It's not what you think. We're soulmates, but we're not together. It's a long, complicated story, and considering I die in about two minutes we don't have time right now." You said, and Sam nodded. 

  You laid there for a minute, then the pain started. You tried to stay quiet, but it was so painful. Letting out a scream, you clutched at the sheets as the lights flickered, your powers going AWOL. Sam grabbed your hand, trying to say comforting things as sobs wracked your body. You finally let go, and the darkness overtook you once again.