Seven

"Hell yes I'm ready. I've been dying to see what you can do." Dean explained, and you laughed. Closing your eyes, you raised your hands, letting your power take over. It felt like a few seconds, but it was 15 minutes later when you opened your eyes. Your library was completely empty, and there was nothing but a single bag on the floor. You looked over at Dean, who's eyes were wide and his face pale. 

   "What? What is it?" You asked, scared that you had done something wrong and hurt him in some way. Dean came closer to you, grabbing your hand and setting your skin on fire. 

 "That was... amazing." He breathed out, his face inches from yours. Your breath hitched in your throat and you found yourself pulling closer to him, angling your face up so he knew just how badly you wanted to kiss him. Your brain knew you couldn't kiss him, but your heart had other plans. Dean leaned down, lips slightly parted. But your brain won- right before his lips met yours you turned your face, getting a kiss on the cheek instead of the lips. 

 "Oh. Sorry." Dean said, pulling away, his brain instantly thinking of all the reasons that was wrong and he shouldn't have done that and he probably messed up any chance he ever had with you. You grabbed his hand, forcing him to face you. 

 "Don't do that. I would love to kiss you, but I can't. If I kiss you, I will become mortal." You explained, and Dean turned to look at you. 

 "What? Why? Will that happen with anyone you kiss?" He rattled off questions. Sighing, you knew you couldn't hide it any longer. And you sure as hell had tried to keep it a secret, to protect Dean. 

 "No, it won't happen with anyone. Because you're-" You hesitated, knowing these next words could ruin your slowly growing relationship with Dean. You didn't want to say it, in fear that the only humans you'd met since the dark ages would leave and you'd be alone again. 

 "I'm what?" Dean asked, his curiosity getting the better of him. You chewed on your lip,  your mind and heart in a nasty battle about what to say. You let your heart win this one. 

 "My soulmate." You whispered, looking down. You read Dean's mind, and how he felt shocked at your words, then he realized that all the information pointed to that, then he started questioning it again, before finally realizing it was true. He was your soulmate. You expected him to be mad for not telling you, then disgusted that his soulmate was a monster, something he'd want to hunt. But instead, Dean's mind filled with such happiness that it made you tear up. You looked up at him, only to see a grin on his face that matched the happiness in his mind. 

 "I'm your soulmate? Really?" He asked, and you nodded, giving a small smile. Dean lifted you up, spinning you around and causing you to scream at the sudden movement. He laughed, setting you down. 

 "I can't believe it. I'm actually your soulmate. I knew from the second we shook hands we were meant to be more than acquaintances. But- wow. Soulmates." Dean's smile never faded, and you soon found yourself smiling too. The only thing you wished was different about this moment is that the two of you could kiss. 

  "Come on, let's get to the bunker so we can celebrate this." Dean said, walking over and grabbing the bag. He picked it up, looking curiously at it. 

 "I don't get it. You fit all your belongings into here and it's still light enough for me to carry. How?" He asked, and you chuckled. 

 "The effects of powers, Dean. It's a wonderful life." You said, before walking out the front door. Dean followed behind, thinking about how nice your ass looked in those pants. You turned your head to look at him, raising an eyebrow. He just smirked, thinking about the two of you making love just to mess with you. 

 "Dean! Stop!" You exclaimed, and Dean chuckled as he put your bag in the backseat of his car and opened the passenger door for you. 

 "Stop reading my mind." He shot back, and you just shook your head. He was a curious one, that Dean Winchester. But he was also your soulmate, and now that he knew, it was like a weight had been lifted off your chest. You felt like everything was going to be okay.