XIII; groovy baby

"YES. OR, NO. She couldn't be more any more clueless!"

Harry quips, laughing into a peculiar contraption unknown to the time in which he was visiting. He was speaking to a man whose identity is all too banal, a mere henchman. Nothing more than a tool, many of whom Harry had at his disposal.

"Everything is as according to plan."

_______

Bella spotted her platinum mane before anything else.
"Look alive, Malfoy. Baubillious!" Bella hurls a spell in her direction.

Lorelai quickly deflects the hex, ducking her head. She quickly fired back but is scolded by a passing professor, and a duel is smoldered as quickly as it was ignited. People in the hall paid little mind to the scene unfolding. In the process, however, Bella catches a sore on Malfoy's arm, which the blonde makes an effort to hurriedly conceals.

Lorelai takes a moment to recover before pivoting to greet her good friend, "Way to grace me with your presence, oh great one."
Bella's smile falters.

"Have I upset you?" she questions tentatively.

Malfoy shakes her head ardently, "I am usually slow to anger, but your friend, Tom, has poked at me for the last time." She pauses for a moment, "He cast a forbidden curse," she hisses in a hushed tone to keep others from hearing. "That stingy bugger."

Her eyes were steaming with a kind of fear Bella was all too familiar with, she had a run in with death herself. Whether she be still grappling with the fact Bella did not know, although Malfoy seemed to have her mind made up. "I'm giving him up. I can't allow him in good conscious to walk free."

Bella couldn't bring herself to ask Lorelai not to, she even reasoned the benefit of this newfound arrangement. There was no need to advance with her betrayal of Tom's trust, excluding this little act of treason. But she also couldn't help but feel a tad bit guilty.

Although, by the looks of LeStrange's tactful placement behind the pair, Tom will know of her plans before dusk.

*

Mer snorts, "Alistair, you pig! Have you any shame at all?"

The freckled boy lets out a cackle as pudding explodes from his nose, decorating his blouse with a galaxy of fruity opulence. This cheers Bella up a smidgen, as she reaches across the table to retrieve a biscuit.
"None at all. I find it rather puts a damper on one's mood," says the boy, nodding towards Bella. "You look rather blue, birdie. Why the long face?"

Bella scoffs. So much for happy. "What's it to you? Happiness is draining. I've got every right to be glum."

He stands, and in a flash is before Bella with an outstretched hand.
"Let's bop, birdie." He does a sort of wobble which could have been easily interpreted as an aneurysm by the naked eye.

Bella laughs and offers her hand, only after witnessing a rather excited Soroise Venaric drape herself across Tom's arm. She appeared to have had one too many butterbeers, which would come to bite her later on in the evening.

Tom hadn't taken his eyes off of Bella the entire trip to Hogsmeade, raking her up and down with his unrelenting stare the entire evening. But all Bella wanted was to reach across the aisle and wring his neck. Suddenly all of her anger was surfacing and she summoned it all into a baleful glare.

"Darling, I know my dancing etiquette isn't the best, but I do believe that it doesn't constitute your full wrath." Alistair quips, trying to meet Bella's eye-line. She shakes her head half-heartedly.

"It's not that, Ali. I've just been having a real shit day is all. You're sub-par grooves have nothing to do with my sour mood."

Alistair nods understandingly, "Ah. So it must be Riddle, then."

Bella chokes on her spit, "Wh-What?"

He smirks, twirling Bella. "You honestly couldn't have been more obvious, you two. Those longing stares, that glint of 'hold me' shining brightly in your eyes. Very hard to miss, actually."

Bella dips her head, hiding her smile. "Stop spouting your nonsense, Hamsbhurg. We're nothing more than acquaintances."

He winks, knowingly. "As you wish, Ambrosius." Dropping her back off at her seat, Alistair pauses and turns to the table who quiets at his uncharacteristic earnestness. "For the record, that vampire was giving me some serious carnal vibes. What was I supposed to do, deny her the pleasure of moi?"

*

In the recesses of the dungeons, three figures were quarreling in hushed tones. "What do you mean you lost it? It's not something you simply misplace, you wanker. Do you know the consequences of your actions, LeStrange?"

A stray ray of moonlight shone in, allowing Bella to catch a glimpse of an iridescent complexion. Boy, did Tom look rough. His signature rosy cheeks that Bella had grown to adore were no longer, replaced by a dull pale.

The usually stoic male, at least a year Riddle's senior, became a blubbering buffoon under his prying eyes. "He must've just forgotten, My Lord. I'll make sure to find it b-before anyone else does. Wouldn't want the new mole to weasel her way into your plans," stutters out Mulciber.

Tom lets out an insidious growl, not too loud as to alert others of his presence though. "Do not speak of her in that way. She will be your lady, and she will be worthy of your equal respects. She will see the light once she comes to realize that this is the only way." Tom stills, and glances to where Bella stood in the shadows.

He lets his gaze linger for a moment before turning back to his constituents, "You are dismissed.
We shall reconvene tomorrow, 9'o clock. Tell the others."

The all trudge on their way, not even sparing a look around the room. To be fair, it is the witching hour, an ungodly hour for anyone to be awake.

Bella lets out a heavy breath, panting from the loss of oxygen. What was that whole exchange about? And who were they talking about?

Why was Bella envious of this mystery girl?

**

to be continued..lol obviously

sorry for the poor consistency, I've just had a terrible time thinking of anything to write but I think I'm back on track.

don't forget to vote & comment :)