Retrieve the Sword

Dean finally came back about ten minutes after Sam and I had our little discussion. He came back with food like he said, but he knew something was weird between Sam and I.

"Why are you guys acting all fidgety? It's creeping me out."

Sam just gave him a confused look. He was better at acting clueless than I was.

After we ate, we all jumped into the Impala, ready to go get this sword.

"So Cas is sending us to a storage company? Why is it in storage?" Dean asked. He was just as confused as we were. Why would a Nephilim sword be in a storage and not somewhere more...graceful?

We got to the storage company and it looked like any other ordinary storage place. The front was the office and to the side was a gate that looks like it opens once you punch in a certain code.

Dean went behind the building and parked not too far from the building but far enough to be out of sight. Sam, Dean and I were all standing next to his trunk as he made sure his guns were loaded. He handed a gun to Sam along with a knife and then stuck a gun and a knife in his own jeans. Dean put his hands on his trunk, ready to close it but he paused in place. He dropped his hands back into the weaponed trunk and began loading another hand gun. He reached for another knife that he had under a couple of crosses and then turned to me.

He handed me the gun and the knife simultaneously. "Keep this in the back of your jeans. Turn around."

I did as I was told and he slightly lifted my shirt, exposing some of my back to the cold night breeze and I felt him stick the gun in the back of jeans. I turned back around and he had a knife in his hand.

"This knife should stay at your side at all times. Are you a lefty or righty?"

"I'm right handed."

"Lift your right hand." He demanded.

I lifted my right hand and he picked up my shirt and stuck the knife holster onto my jeans and then stuck the knife inside of it.

"Incase something happens and your gun is knocked out of your hands, you still have the knife to protect yourself. Have you ever shot a gun?"

I nodded my head.

"Good. As long as it's not your first time shooting a gun, you should be fine when it comes to aiming. Another thing, if you happen to be alone, always watch your back every couple of seconds. You can never be too comfortable if it's really quiet."

"Yes sir!" I shot my hand up to my head to salute him.

"Okay soldiers. Are you ready?" Dean asked looking at Sam and I.

Sam and I nodded. "Let's get rolling then."

::

Sam, Dean and I made our way to the front, where the office was. We stood off to the side where it would be difficult to be seen by anyone.

"I'll check out the office. Stay here." Dean had his gun erect in his hands, ready to shoot for protection.

About a minute later, he came back to us. "It's clear. The manager is in his office but he's taking a little nap."

We made our way to the gates pass code lock. Sam took out some contraption I've never seen before, and connected it to the lock. He pressed a few buttons and then the gate began to open up. He disconnected the little machine from the lock and the three of us made it inside.

We began to walk around, seeing that every storage trailer had a number. There were small, medium and large storage trailers.

We stopped at an open area, looking around at where to go next. Sam was the first to speak. "Okay so it seems like the small ones are from the numbers one to three hundred. The medium ones are from three hundred and one to six hundred, and the bigger ones range from six hundred and one to about one thousand."