Embrace 'em

I searched the bunker for Sam. He's going to want to hear what I found on the website. I searched the library, where I thought he would be, but he wasn't there. I searched the war room. Nothing. I went in the kitchen. Nope. Garage? Nada.

I walked my way towards Sam's room, and I heard voices coming from the other side of his door. Two people were speaking.

Knock, knock.

"Come in." Sam said.

I walked in expecting to see a second person in the room, but I only seen him. I drew my eyebrows together, a little confused.

"Were you--was someone else in here?" I asked pointing to the inside of his room.

He shook his head, causing his hair to move in a slow movement. "Why would you think someone else was in here with me?"

"I thought I heard another voice from the outside of your door." I realized how that sounded and tried to adjust my words. "I mean I wasn't eavesdropping, if that's what you're thinking. I was actually looking for you to tell you something."

"Can it wait? I'm actually a little busy with research."

I nodded my head and walked back out of his room, leaving the door slightly open, but barely noticeable.

I never left though. I waited a few seconds to really easvesdrop. After what seemed like hours, I heard another voice speak.

"I can help you keep her safe, but she has to embrace her powers. Find the sword and everything will fall into its place." A voice with a strong familiar accent spoke.

"Won't she become too strong? The angels will kill her." Sam was the one to speak now.

"The angels can't kill her unless they get ahold of her sword. But until she embraces her powers, they can kill her with anything actually. Remember Moose, I'm only helping you out because you promised me you would let me use her when I need to."

Sam didn't answer right away. I heard him take a deep breath and then replied. "Deal."

I had heard enough and walked away. Why was Sam making negotiations about me, without me.

I walked into the library, waiting for Sam to walk in. Finally he did, and I looked at him, but he didn't want to look at me.

"Hey Sam. So can I help you with that research that you were so busy with?" I hope he heard the sarcasm in my voice.

"I'm actually done with it. But thanks Marissa."

I squinted my eyes at him, knowing damn well that he's lying to me. "What was the research?"

"Hm? Oh well, I, uh--" He paused and I could see that he was thinking about what to say.

"I was researching things about the Nephilim. Did you know you needed a sword to awaken your powers?"

Unamused, I nodded my head and crossed my arms. He smiled widely at me and walked away quickly.

"Sam!" I got up off the chair that I was sitting on and ran towards him. A few strides for Sam sent him all the way into the kitchen so I had to quickly catch up to him. I grabbed his arm, barely noticing that my hand couldn't wrap around his whole bicep, and turned him towards me.

"I eavesdropped and I heard you talking to Crowley. Why were you making plans about me and didn't even allow me to have my own say in it?"

Sam turned his lips into a straight line. He gave me the puppy dog eyes and sighed. "I'm sorry Marissa. I just thought that maybe Crowley could help us. I barely have anything to send you back to where you came from, so the least I could do is find some more information about who you are."