CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN | DATE WITH MOLLY

Hella Moriarty was directing herself to her apartment but before she could arrive she received a message from Sherlock telling her that she needed to come to the National Antiquities Museum, apparently there was another potential victim... Hella smiled knowing it was Soo Lin Yao... the sister of the Spider, the soon to be the victim.

She arrived to find Sherlock and John waiting for her in the entrance; she smirked at the sight of the doctor "John, looking good" she teased.

"Piss off" he muttered making the girl chuckle.

Sherlock ignored the comment and turned his attention towards the girl "Where were you the whole day?" he asked curiously "You haven't been present in this case."

Hella shrugged "It's not that interesting" she smirked at John "You did what I told you? You didn't grab the can, right?"

John's eyes widened "How did you... how did you know that?"

"I'm psychic, John" the brown-haired answered with a spooky voice.

"Enough" Sherlock cut off "I spoke with Sebastian-"

"What?" Hella cut him off abruptly her eyes almost showing to the consultant a bit of shock.

Sherlock narrowed his eyes at her "Sebastian, who allowed me to speak with Van Coon's assistance, Amanda" he clarified and noticed the girl relax "She gave me his calendar where I found out the day he died, he delivered a package at Chinatown and also met up with Luki; in one of the stores, Lucky Cat, the labels of the objects were the same as the cipher... we already knew it was Chinese language but they are using an ancient number system. Hangzhou."

Hella nodded "Okay, Lucky Cat was their drop off... still how does that relate to us being here?" she pointed at the museum.

"Phone directory sealed in a plastic wrapper which had been left outside the door to the flat beside the Lucky Cat" Sherlock answered knowing the girl in front of him would understand him easily "Been there since Monday and the windows of the flat were open."

The girl smirked "Oh, someone is missing."

"Exactly" the consultant nodded "The owner of the flat works at the museum; she does a demonstration for the tourists - a tea ceremony. If the pots dry out, then the clay can start to crumble. Apparently, you have to just keep making tea in them. Yesterday, only one of those pots was shining. Now there were two."

"Oh good, she is hiding inside... clever" Hella complimented and started to walk towards the museum "But not clever enough" she muttered.

***

Soo Lin was in an almost-dark restoration room, pouring tea into the teapot on the desk in front of her. She picked up the lid and carefully stroked it around the rim as, behind her, a very recognizable curly-headed silhouette appeared on the other side of a window in the door.