Better than the Rain (Ray Imagine)

Here's another imagine since the last Roommates Part was short and boring :)

The heavy rain crashed down hard on my office windows, and every time the lighting struck, I jumped in my chair. I had just gotten out of a month long writer's block and was ready to write, but the storm kept me focused on anything but my story.

I had to get some air.

I had to do anything to get my mind back to my story. I grabbed my laptop, shoved it in my carrying case, and grabbed my umbrella. I walked outside from my apartment onto the busy New York sidewalk, blending in with the crowd of people.

The rain was the distraction, so I wandered down the stairs to the subway, one of the only places I knew I wouldn't hear it. There surprising wasn't a lot of people down there that day, which favored my clouded brain.

The only noise came from the trains or the occasional person walking by, but it was better than the rain.

I leaned up against the wall, resting my laptop on my knees. While I typed, I made sure to stay aware of my surroundings, my pepper spray in my pocket. It's always good to stay alert in New York, you know.

I had gotten two pages in when I heard the strumming of a guitar echo through the subway. I recognized the tune almost instantly.

Can't Help Falling in Love

I got lost in the tune as my fingers danced across the keyboard, and I drowned in the inspiration. Though the music helped, I needed to know who was playing. I finished typing up a paragraph before I stood from my spot, sliding my laptop back into my case. I followed the music, as though I was being guided by a rope pulling me.

The music was getting louder as I spotted a man, who looked about my age, sitting against the wall, playing guitar like it was nothing. He looked up when he heard me approaching, his fingers still sliding effortlessly across the neck of the guitar.

"Hi." He smiled.

"Hi." I said back, getting lost in the song.

Ray played the very same song on our wedding day, three years later.