Tattoo Tales (Gerard Imagine)

"You ready? Our appointment is in ten minutes, Gee!" I call up the stairs to my newly wedded  husband.

He comes trampling down the stairs, breathing heavily, "Yeah, I-I'm ready."

I stroke his cheek with my hand, gazing lovingly into his eyes, "It won't be that bad, baby. It's only two letters. Plus, you agreed to it and made the appointment yourself. You're committed now." I smirk at the end, pecking his lips before turning and walking out the front door.

"I know," He catches up and intertwines his hand with mine whilst we walk down the street, "It's just, my thing with-"

"Needles," I finish his sentence proudly, "If you don't want to get it done, I can call them and cancel."

He stops, making me stop with him, "No! I want to. I'm just a little nervous, y'know?" We continue walking, and I feel his palm warming up.

"You'll be fine." I assure him with a smile, which he returns.

Gerard is getting his first, and probably only, tattoo today. We've been talking about getting matching tattoos since our marriage about a month ago, but we kept pushing it back since Gerard's phobia of needles. My poor love shakes at the mention of the word. This'll be my third tattoo, so I'm not too experienced, but I do know that they aren't terrible.

The first tattoo I ever got is on my wrist- a dark angel. I'm kind of obsessed with horror, so, there's that inspiration. My second one, I didn't give too much thought in, or any thought considering I was drunk off my ass... Speaking of ass, that's where the tattoo is, and it's a donkey. Get it? Yeah... huge mistake. Pretty much like my entire life! Well, I can't say that. I'm lucky to have Gerard in my life. He's probably the only good thing, right now anyway.

I don't plan on stopping at one tattoo today, however. I have another idea in mind.

We arrive at the tattoo parlor right on time, checking in at the counter and signing all the papers. Little beads of sweat form on Gerard's forehead when James, the tattoo artist, calls us back into his room.

"Good afternoon, guys!" He cheers, gesturing for us to sit in the chairs in the corner. We take a seat, Gerard's grip on my hand becoming tighter, "Which one of you is going first?"

"Me." I speak. Gee and I agreed I'd go first, so he could get an idea on what the process was like.

"Alright!" He smiles and pats on his table, where I sit down, "You're getting the oe on your hand, correct?"

"Yep!" I grin, placing my hand on his little cart.

"Excellent." He whispers, wiping my hand clean with a anti-bacterial wipe, "Black ink?"

I nod, exhaling a sigh. He puts the ink on the needle and turns it on, "Ready?" I nod once more, and he contacts the needle with my skin after sketching out the design. It only takes about fifteen minutes until it's finished. Pain level? Three. I smile at Gerard and hold my hand up for him to see.

"Wow!" He exclaims, less worry in his voice than before.

Gerard sits down at the table, James sketching Lv on his hand. Gerard grabs my hand with his free one, squeezing tightly as the needle does its work.

I keep reminding him to look at me and not the needle until it's completed. A sigh of relief escapes Gerard's lips once it's over, smiling brightly at our tattoos.

He grabs my hand, "What do we owe you?" He asks James.

"Consider it a wedding gift. On the house."

"Are you sure?"

"Are you sure?"

"Oh yeah," He looks at me, "I just need Y/N to stay back here for a few minutes and sign a few more papers. You can go into the waiting room, Gerard." James says casually. I try hiding my excitement.

Gerard kisses my cheek, "Okay. See you soon." He exits the room, admiring his new tattoo.

"Thanks for doing this, James." I thank him for keeping my secret.
"Not a problem, Y/N. I talked to the receptionist, she can keep him busy for fifteen minutes." He says while he puts on a new, clean pair of gloves.

"Sweet." I sit back down at the table, holding out my ink free wrist.

He does his sketch then quickly goes over it with ink.

"Thanks again!" I shake his hand when he finishes, "Are you sure you don't want any cash?"

He shakes his head, "Shut up, and get outta here, kid. Congradulations by the way."

I smile before leaving the room, meeting Gee in the waiting room who was talking to a heavily tattooed woman about Joker.

"Hey." I cheer as I walk up the them.

The woman leaves, and Gerard stands up, "That took a while."

"Yeah..." I pretend to scratch my eyebrow, hoping Gee will catch sight of my wrist. He does and takes it in his hand, a questioning look on his face.

"October?" He reads my wrist, "Did you just get this? What's October for?"

I nod, biting my lip and smiling, "October's the month our baby is due."

His eyebrows raise, "You're pregnant?!"

"Mhm."

He smiles so brightly, wrapping me in a tight hug and spinning me around, "Baby, that's amazing!"

I giggle as he places me back on my feet, "I was worried you'd be angry."

"Angry? Y/N, I couldn't be happier! Hell, now I want October tattooed on me!"