The Tattooed Angel (Frank Imagine)

I felt the pain and agony wash over me. Could it really be true? Can he really be dead?
I sat mourning in a puddle of tears, unnable to comprehend the news article.

Gerard Way Found Dead in his Apartment.

I couldn't get the headline out of my head. The man who saved my life countless times... Is now dead. Another wave of tears flow out of my eyes.
I got up from my spot on the bedroom floor and wiped my face, still feeling the extraordinary pain in my chest and tears welling behind my eyes.

I sat down on my bed and pulled out my laptop, going on Twitter. My entire feed was about Gerard. I typed in his Twitter name and looked at his most recent tweet-

I'm afraid to say this is my last tweet. Lately, I've been finding it more challenging to continue life. I just can't do this anymore. I love you all.
Xoxo G

I slammed my laptop shut, unable to stop the never ending river of tears.
He is dead.
He killed himself.

It's important that you keep yourself alive.

I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

I'm glad that you exist.

Quotes of his played throughout my mind. All quotes that encouraged me to stay alive for so many years.

I opened my dresser and grabbed my wallet, pulling out a fifty dollar bill. I took my time making my way to my car, my vision blurred with tears.

I arrived at the tattoo shop shortly after. When I opened the door, a small bell signalled my presence. I took a seat, not noticing the man sitting next to me until he cleared his throat.

"First tattoo?" I recognized the voice immediately.

I slowly looked up, meeting gaze with Frank Iero. If I wasn't in such dispair, I probably would've freaked out and made a fool of myself. I nodded, my throat sore from the constant sobbing. From the looks of it, he'd been crying himself.

"I can tell this isn't your first time getting a tattoo." I spoke, admiring his tattoos. They looked so different in person.

"Yeah," he gave me a sad smile, "So, what are you getting?"

I began to cry just thinking about Gerard. Before I knew it, Frank had his arms wrapped around me. Realization hit me like a ton of bricks, Frank Iero was hugging me. I hugged him back and couldn't help but to cry into his chest.

"Shh, it's okay. I miss him too." he whispered.

"W-what?" I pulled away. How'd he know why I was crying?

He picked up on my confusion quickly and pointed to my shirt. I looked down at the old MCR shirt I was wearing, "Oh." I mumbled.

He pulled a picture from his pants pocket and handed it to me. I observed the Polaroid of him and Gerard smiling, their arms wrapped around each others shoulders. I grinned at the picture.

When I looked back up, Frank was wiping a tear from his eye,"He was my best friend..."

I handed him back the picture and he held it against his chest, trying hard to collect himself.

"Frank Iero." A man called.

Frank stood up and the two walked into another room. Frank came back out an hour later.

Before I could say anything, Frank slipped his finger in the neck of his shirt, and he pulled it down to reveal his new tattoo of him and Gerard over his heart.
Frank let go, and his shirt flung back up to it's previous position.

He took my hand and put a piece of paper in it, "I have to get going. If you ever need to talk, don't hesitate to call." with that, he walked out, and I was called up to get my tattoo done.

Nothing is worth hurting yourself over. Nothing is worth taking your life over.

I'm happy to have that quote a permanent part of me.