Rosa's POV

Chapter 3

I looked above the blue raining sky, shedding tears which I could not bring myself to cry. It's not something I hated in myself, it's something I embraced. But that fact alone made me feel like a horrible person. The day my father died, I was six at the time, I didn't even shed a single tear and the worse part, was that he was my best friend.

So the rain was my relief and joy. Whenever it rained, I will be outside being soaked. It was a time where I could be my old innocent self.

Right now, I was sitting on a concrete bench in a park near my mother's house. Waiting for her to give me a useless speech about her wanting me to move back.

I used to live with my father, well until the day he died. At the time, my mother used to visit me and bring me candies. I thought of her as a guardian angel but I found out the hard way that she wasn't the person I thought she was. So I ran away...

I respect my mother, that's one of the reason I am even here, but the way she treated me is not something to justicefy.

You're useless, I hate you, You're the devil, I wish you were never born, I wish you were dead, Go to hell.

Those are some of the words she spat in my face countless times. Others, I can't even bring myself to say it.

"Hey Bird," A lady around thirty years old with short blonde hair and blue eyes, greeted me. I smiled knowing she dyed her hair so it's not similar to mine. She wore a jean with a white T-shirt and covered herself in a blue adida raincoat.

"I told you never to call me that." I snarled looking away. Bird, a caged bird. That's what I think every time she calls me that, but according to her. It was the circle of life -pollination- she didn't want to call me Rose, because she assumed my friends will call me that and she wanted to be unique.

"We could talk in the house. Here it's a little rainy." My mother complained, I watched her blow air on her hands as she slid it into the pocket of her rain coat. She sat on the bench next to me, and trying very hard to close the distance between us.

"If you don't want to be here, you can go. Plus, I told you I will never step-"

"Into that house again." My mother finished my sentence and exhaled. "I remember every single word."

"Why did you ask me to come?" I asked calmly. I thought I could control myself around her, but all nerves in my body is screaming to get away from her. She directed her gaze upon me, my reflexes kicked in and I looked away.

"Getting straight to the point. huh." My mother said that sentence as if she was talking to herself. What did she expect? That we will just get a cup of coffee and I will start talk about my problems and ask for advice. Then, she will tell me why she asked me to come here. If that what she was thinking then she is oblivious than I thought.

"I came. Didn't I?"

"I was actually suprised that you came." My mother blurted out. That's makes you and me. Truth be told, I even forgot why I came here. Every time we talk we end up fighting, but I always find myself coming back. Maybe it was because I have hope that she perhaps changed in the last couple of weeks or something.

Not getting any response or come back from me. She exhaled deeply again.

"I am getting married again!" She exclaimed gleefully. I didn't know wether to be happy that she maybe found love or dissapointed that she didn't want to know how I was doing and if the people I am staying with are treating me better than she did.

"Is this why you asked me to come here?" I asked.

"No, I asked you to come because I want you to be the maid of honor." My mother asked with a glint of hope in her eyes.