Sadness and Anger

Chapter 7: Sadness and Anger

Disclaimer I do not own One Piece.

updated 10/3/16

There I was, standing next to Ace, trying to hold back my tears, knowing that if Whitebeard fails... Ace will die. 'Where the hell could they be?' I asked myself. Footsteps became clearer, and louder as they approached. I turned around, and standing behind me was gramps. Who looks at me and sighs.

"Look we don't have long to chat before Sengoku gets here, so i'll make it quick." He pauses "please save Ace." He asks

"How did you?" I stopped realizing that if you actually knew me you'd know I wouldn't let my brother die. I Nodded and said don't worry gramps I trust Whitebeard.

"Yeah, I just hope he actually can do it." He said.

Sengoku walks onto the platform and stands by Ace, before he looks out at the water and says, "They're here"

-Time skip- Luffy's arrival marks the beginning!

The one and only time pirates and marines alike stopped fighting. Even just for a moment to watch the turning point in the war appear from the sky. Following the screams of prisoners, from impel down one stood out... Luffy? My eyes widened, and a tear slid down my cheek. I was fighting the first division commander of the Whitebeard pirates, Marco. He pulled me into his arms to hide my tears. to me knowing Luffy wasn't trapped in impel down was the best news of this whole war. I pulled away from Marcos embrace and thanked him for the much needed hug, and asked

"Alright shall we quit playing this game?"

He looked at me and smiled, "yeah, I think this has gone on long enough." I held onto Marco while he flew up to the Moby Dick. we stood with Whitebeard. watching as Luffy ran around the ship looking out in the distance for his brother. I clenched my fists, the old man looks at me and asks "what's wrong? You're not having second thoughts right?"

I shake my head "no it's Luffy..."

"What about strawhat?" he asked.

"He shouldn't be here." I pause "he shouldn't have to take part in this war!" I said angrily.

"Well, you can't always protect him." White beard places his hand on my shoulder. "He was bound to leave the nest, and make his own decisions."

I smile, "you're right".

We overlooked the battlefield, watching as all eyes went to Luffy who had just declared he was going to save Ace. He also challenged White beard before going off into the battlefield.

"i can't believe i'm related to him." i sighed.

"it happens" Marco laughs.

The battle continued, I watched Luffy as he would defeat many marines with his Gomu Gomu no Muchi! then continue on. I looked over at Sengoku, who was looking directly at me. Wondering when I was going to come back over and tell him the enemy's plans. I then looked at ace who was just as worried as I was, but he shocked me by yelling at Luffy.

"STAY BACK! Luffy! I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS!" he pauses, "YOU ARE A PIRATE, JUST LIKE ME! WE'VE BOTH SAILED THE OCEAN AS OUR HEARTS GUIDED US! I HAVE MY OWN ADVENTURE TO LIVE! I HAVE MY OWN COMRADES! I DON'T REMEMBER ASKING YOU TO INTERFERE! A WEAKLING LIKE YOU?!COMING TO SAVE ME?!"

"DO YOU BELIVE I'M GOING TO FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT?! THIS IS A HUMILLIATION! GET OUT OF HERE! LUFFY! WHY DID YOU COME?!"

Luffy beats up some more marines before replying "BECAUSE I AM YOUR LITTLE BROTHER!" he yells