Chapter 27

I must have fallen asleep in the car because the next thing I knew I was being carried into my house, strong arms wrapped around me protectively. I could feel the muscles in his torso flex under my head which was resting against his chest, the beat of his heart strong. I didn't need to open my eyes to know who it was, I could tell by the smell, by the feel of him, and it was comforting, to say the least.

I felt his grip on my body loosen as he placed me down on top of soft bed sheets, his hand brushing the hair from my face, lingering for a few seconds. As he turned to leave I reached my hand out towards his, my eyes remaining shut.

"Stay", I barely manage a whisper as I felt my grip on consciousness slip once again, the last thing I remember from this night is the reassuring squeeze he gives my hand and the kiss to my forehead followed lastly by the words "I'm not going anywhere".

When I awoke next, it was early morning; sun beginning to chase the darkness of night away. I slip my feet of the edge of the bed, slapping the down upon the floor with a dull thud. I felt the sweeping of material across the top of my bare feet, realising I was still wearing the gown from last night.

I shimmy out of the outfit, I decide to put on a pair of plain leggings and my favourite Bon Jovi tee, the comfiest combination I've ever known. As I yank the top over my head, I notice a mark on my right shoulder blade, a purple hue, like a bruise.

I tried to recall the events of last night.

"Holy fuck..." I don't know. It's like someone dropped a big splotch of ink over last night.

I head downstairs, a slight skip in my step. Everything seems normal, in place, homely. No odd feelings what so ever. I hear the slight hum of music coming from the kitchen. Following my ears I come to the room's entrance, not believing the site I see before me.

The suit is unmistakeable.

"No, it can't be-" with the blink of my eyes he's replaced with Aaron, still in his attire from last night.

He's holding a glass of water, his hand delicately but firmly wrapped around the translucent material.

"Everything all right?"

I nod in answer to his question, sighing, blaming it on last night's late night. I peer at the clock, it was early, but shouldn't Aaron be at least thinking about work or something?

"You're not in your uniform... but I guess it's at your place, not that I want you to-"

"I don't need to go anywhere today" he finishes the utterance with a beaming smile, walking over to me as he wraps a strong arm around my waist, placing a kiss on my forehead, before passing through the doorway.

"I'm not sure that was at all appropriate Mister!" I joke, putting on my best bad southern accent, "Ma daddy would not be in the least pleased."

I hear his chuckle, and attempt at a reply, half broken with laughter "Well Missy, I'll have to-"

"And I'm sure it wasn't decent for you to be in my room last night-" I'm cut off as his arms grab me from behind.

"Your daddy's going to hate what I'm gonna do now!" He turns me in his arms, planting his lips upon mine, I can taste the coffee and the passion behind the kiss. He wastes no time in picking me up and placing me on the kitchen counter, trailing kisses down my neck and shoulders before resting his head against mine. I kissed him again, hungry for more. "You're..." He places a kiss on my lips again, soft this time. "You're like the most exquisite drug, tailored to me" his breath is hot against my skin. His eyes wild with a burning fire. I close my eyes as his mouth once again devours mine, but something changes. Our passion turns cold. When my eyes open it's not Aaron. Cold blue eyes stare back at me, ivory skin cold against my sweat-beaded skin.