17 Stars and Songs

You deserve something you don't have to question. You deserve someone who is sure about you.

~R.H. Sin

~~~~~~

"Hello Amya. How have you been?" Aaron asked the twenty four year old woman who was wearing a burgundy beaded gown.

Smiling softly, Amya said, "I have been doing well, Aaron, thank you. How are you?"

"I am good, thank you. You are looking beautiful."

"Thank you. My mother chose the gown for me." Amya said with a light giggle, gesturing towards her parents who were mingling with other guests. 

"She has go  marvelous sense of fashion. Dr. Waiola has updated about the progress of all the girls so my joy knows no bounds. You all are marching o though it is hard for all of you."

"Aaron you should take the credit for our lives being on the way of improvement. Had it not for you, none of us would have been here." Delilah interjected, standing next to Amya. "Don't you agree with me, Amya?"

"I do agree with you." Amya nodded her head.

"I did not do anything." Aaron said.

"Humble as always."

"Margaret, you are here. I thought you would not come." Aaron frowned.

"How can I not when I got such a warm invitation? Moreover I will get free food here." Margaret smirked before side-hugging Aaron and looking at the women, saying, "It is futile to give him any credit. He is too humble to accept it."

"Dr. Crystal told us that before, Mrs. Young." Delilah said before excusing herself to meet Mabel and Harper.

"Is Ruby not coming, Aron?" Amya asked as she failed to find Ruby.

"She must be on her way. I have just talked to Brandon."

"Okay then I shall meet others as well." Amya went into the direction where Nia, Viviana and Zola were talking and laughing.

"Now let me introduce you to my family, Aaron. Meet Harvey Young, my partner in crime and Harvey, this is Aaron Kent."

"It is finally nice to meet you, Mr. Kent. Marg never stops talking about you which makes me jealous sometimes to be frank." Harvey's brown eyes twinkled and crinkled as he let out a laugh on seeing his wife rolling her eyes.

"I hope she tells everything good about me." Aaron said playfully.

"All good, all good. She respects you a lot." Harvey said seriously before adding, "And I can see why she has so much respect for you."

"And now meet Declan Young, my son. He actually runs an art gallery in Paris but he is here to live with us for a week. He works so much that he forgets about his parents."

"Mum, you know, that is not it." Declan spoke in blank voice before shaking Aaron's hand firmly, greeting him. Aaron, sensing that it was a sensitive issue, did not comment on Margaret's complaint.

"It is nice to meet you, Mr. Young. I saw your work when I was in Paris this year. I must say you are one of the most diligent artists I have ever come across."

"Thank you, Mr. Kent. I have heard about you a lot from mom. I have been to your restaurants. They provide the best service." Declan praised Aaron.

"Thank you, Mr. Young."

Aaron smiled on seeing Ruby stepping into the hall with her family. Abigail and Branden stopped by another couple whilst Marcus and Ruby came towards Aaron.