"Oh my." She collapsed in my arms, but I held onto her tight, painfully holding in the tears.

"Shh.. I'm sorry." I whispered, a few tears falling. She continued to cry in my arms, calming slightly. "I'm so sorry that I couldn't save him." We finally just sat on the ground, hugging each other and crying.

After a while, I decided it would be a good idea to get up, considering the cemetery was filling with more people, including Smith and Jax.

"He asked me to leave it on." The first thing she had said in two minutes, and I have no idea what she meant. I looked at her, confused. "Josh asked me to leave his promise ring on if anything ever happened to him. He said he wanted to take you with him to eternity."

I lost it at this, people were staring, but I didn't have any cares left to give. Jill quickly pulled me in for a hug.

"I miss him so much, Jill. I don't think I can do it. I'm going crazy without him." We sat back on the floor as she swiftly brushed the stray hairs back into my tight bun and looked at me with teary eyes.

"He loved you so much, Emily. You don't even realize it, sweetheart. That rock on your left hand meant so much more than friendship to him. The ring was his promise to gather courage up one day and ask you to marry him. I know you can make it without him. As much as you will hate it and will miss him, Joshua would want you to live your life."

"Thank you, Jill." She nodded. I wiped the tears once again, getting up and offering a hand out for her.

I turn to keep going down the line of grievers. "Emily? Call me every once in a while, please? I need to know you are okay, and that you are getting on with life. And please, visit us when you can." I nodded with tears rolling down my already puffy face.

Before I could move away from Mrs. Tyler, she grabbed my arm. I turned back to her, and Mr. Tyler had now joined her.

"Josh would want you to have this." I looked down and immediately shook my head. It was Josh's Purple Heart.

"I can't take this, you should keep it. You need to keep it." They both shook their heads.

"Sweetie, I have no where to put this, I need you to take care of it, okay?" She and I both knew that was a lie, but I let her continue. "I know that Josh would want you to have it, just to remember him." I nodded as more tears welled up in my eyes.

"I could never forget him. But I'm only taking care of it, right?" They both nodded and I burst into tears again, giving them each a hug. I take the medal from Mrs. Tyler's hand before thanking them again.

Moving down again, I looked down to see Avery. She was dressed in a black, lacy material dress, she looked adorable for all the wrong reasons today. She shouldn't have to be this nicely dressed today, she shouldn't have to be here at all.

"So, how have you been?" That was the first question she asked me, but it didn't even bother me when she said it, because she had a personality that was exactly like Josh's. I chuckled and backed up a little.

"I've been sad." She nodded, and looked into my eyes. One look at her beautiful blue eyes, the exact same as Josh's, and my eyes welled with tears.