xx

josh

simon: goodbye, i love you.

i stared blankly at the message i received three hours ago.

i should have known not to be jealous, especially not with simon.

when i received the message, i immediately ran up to his apartment.

i found him on his tiled bathroom floor, staring at a handful of pills with tears trickling down his pretty face.

i gently placed my hands over his in an attempt to calm him. and i think it worked.

he couldn't stop saying sorry, when in reality i'm the one who's really sorry. i nearly killed him and i'll never forgive myself for that.

"no, simon. i'm sorry" i said as i wrapped my arms around him. "i was jealous, because i'm protective of you. i'm such an idiot" tears were streaming down my cheeks.

the fragile boy in front of me placed his lips on mine and entangled my fingers with his.

"i love you" he said smiling, spite the circumstances.

"i love you too" i said and embraced him.

now i'm watching him sleep, his head rested on my lap as i sat on the couch in his living room. he looks peaceful now, with his blond hair slightly messy and with light snores escaping him every so often.

i messed up, and i'll never forgive myself for that. all i know is that i need to stay with him.

because i love him.

a/n: ok the interlude chapter is basically how simon feels about death.

he's afraid of death, but also afraid of living. that's why he didn't kill himself.

i'm sorry if these last three chapters have been triggering, but i did put a warning in the description of this book.

hope you enjoyed this

xx