+ Chapter Nineteen +

Harry hesitated for a moment as he approached Ron's bedroom door. He could hear footsteps on the other side, confirming the redhead was there. Without overanalyzing it, Harry knocked on the wooden surface, waiting for Ron's response.

"Ron? It's Harry, can you let me in?" he raised his voice slightly.

"Comin' mate," came a muffled voice.

The door swung open then to reveal Ron wearing baggy clothes. His eyes looked smaller than usual and a trace of a beard was visible on his face.

"What brings you here?" he asked, gesturing for Harry to sit on the desk chair.

Harry sat, trying to think of a way to mention Hermione without setting Ron off.

"Erm, I wanted to talk to you a bit about..Her-"

"Say no more, Harry. I've decided I'm going to move on." Ron interrupted, causing Harry to gape in pure astonishment.

"You-you are?" Harry stuttered out, not believing his ears.

Ron nodded in confirmation, raising his arms to rest them behind his head. "Yea. I'm surprised too. Trust me, nothing would make me happier than being back with Hermione. But I'm tired of waiting around. I want to feel wanted again, Harry."

He let his best friend's words sink in. So Ron was finally giving up the idea of winning Hermione back. It was about damn time, but something still felt off.

"Ron, please don't get any ideas, but...did you ever find the Time Turner?" Harry asked cautiously, almost afraid to hear the answer.

Much to his relief, Ron shook his head. "No. The most I did was go to the library and read like a hundred books about them— but I gave up."

Harry raised an eyebrow in amusement. "A hundred? Really?"

"Fine, five. Still, mate, you should have seen how huge those books were! I thought my brains were going to die."

They shared a laugh before falling silent.

"I really am going to try and find another girl," Ron said quietly. "I- as much as I still love Hermione, I think I need to move on."

Harry nodded in agreement, placing a comforting hand on Ron's shoulder.

"I think you're right."

¥

"You really don't remember me at all? Unbelievable!" Sophie complained jokingly.

Blaise smirked. "Nope. Sorry, Roper, I guess you just weren't memorable enough."

Sophie gasped and lightly smacked his arm, causing the two of them to burst into a fit of laughter. Blaise couldn't control the sudden, frantic beating of his heart as he watched the way Sophie's eyes crinkled as she leaned back in her chair.

"Okay, your turn," Sophie said once she'd composed herself. "Ask me a question."

Blaise took a sip of his water, thinking of a question. "Alright. During our Sixth year there was a rumor that a girl in our class fancied Snape. Was that you?"

Suddenly, Sophie spit out the water she had been drinking, the liquid hitting the wooden surface of the table. Couples around them stopped in their conversations to glare at the two, who were laughing silently.

"Sorry! Merlin, that was so embarrassing!" Sophie exclaimed, her face going red.

"Which one? Spitting your water everywhere or having a thing for Snape?" Blaise teased, moving away from her smacking hand.