+ Chapter Fourteen +

"You know what, Granger?" Draco asked as they finished putting away the dishes, "We should stop calling each other by our last names."

Draco watched in amusement as she stood up straight, her eyes wide.

"How come? I like calling you Malfoy, it suits you." she smiled.

Draco's heart rate accelerated at the sight, but he disguised it with one of his own. "And I like calling you Granger. But let's face it, we used those names back in Hogwarts when we were trying to kill each other. Now that we're much more civilized, I think it's time to start saying first names."

He didn't say it aloud, but lately he'd loved the way Hermione rolled off his tongue when he spoke her name. It was smooth and simple, and had a touch of elegance to it. Granger was a good last name, but it didn't sound as sophisticated as Hermione.

Hermione nodded. "Okay, I agree with that. It's a deal. I'll say Draco from now on, and you say Hermione. This could take some getting used to Malfo- I mean, Draco."

Draco felt a shiver run up his spine at the sound of his first name escaping her lips. The way she said it made him want to hear her whisper his name over and over until the end of the world.

He held out a hand for her to shake, the two of them grinning like fools.

"Well luckily we have plenty of time to work on it."

¥

Teddy sat on his bed, waiting for his parents to come in and help him get dressed. Sometimes, if he had been really good the day before, his mum would let him skip a tub. He hoped she would do that this morning- he didn't feel like cleaning himself.

A long time passed and neither of his parents had come in yet. He frowned and looked towards the door, wondering if he should go find them.

Suddenly, he heard his parents' bedroom door close sharply a few feet down the hallway. Teddy's frown increased, sensing something was wrong. He finally decided to get up and see what was going on.

There was a small crack between the door and the frame of his parents' room. He paused in the hallway, leaning his ear against the wooden structure and heard his dad speaking.

"...what? What do you mean 'no"? Ginny, we have to tell Hermione what Ron's planning! If he somehow succeeds in getting that Time Turner, he'll do whatever it takes to get Hermione." his voice sounded a little scary.

Auntie Mione? Teddy wondered. And Uncle Ron?

His mum sighed. "I already told you Harry, I talked to Ron! I gave him a lecture about trying to hurt Hermione again and I swear he promised to give it up! So there's no point in stressing her out about it."

"How can you be so sure Ron'll actually keep his word? He might have agreed in front of you but what if he sees something else that changes his mind? I won't let Hermione get hurt like this again- we need to warn her!" his dad's voice had risen in volume, making Teddy flinch.

"He's my brother. I know he's been an arse lately but he's still a good person. I know when my brother's being earnest and when he's lying between his teeth. And when he said he'd stop trying to pursue Hermione he couldn't have been more sincere." his mum's tone was a mixture of soothing and firm. Similar to how she spoke when she wanted Teddy to finish his food.

Silence passed for a bit before his dad spoke up.

"I want to believe you, Ginny, I do. But I can't. He's just so desperate to get Hermione away from Malfoy- I can't let him do anything to my best friend."