"What are your families like?"

"It's really complicated."

"Then just tell me about your parents."

"It's still complicated."

"Then Rosa's mother?"

"Long story short, this is her second marriage and we are really happy for her."

"Rosa's father?"

"He has a wife and a kid, but right now he is in prison."

"Oh."

"We don't really like to talk about it. It's one of the reasons we moved out here."

"I'm sorry, I won't bring it up again."

"It's fine, it's just a sensitive topic for us."

"Guys come get some lemonade!" Rosa called the kids into the kitchen. They immediately ran into the house.

"Can you watch the kids while I help Rosa get packed?"

"Of course!"

"And Luci?"

"I will tell you more later, just not when Rosa and the kids are around."

"You don't have to."

"You deserve to know, plus it's the least I can do since you are watching our kids for the next week or two."

...............................

"Rosy, you can't bring everything."

"Why not?" She said pouting and crossing her arms.

"Beautiful, there's no space and there's no need for you to bring everything. Just choose babygirl."

"But it's so hard." She said sitting on the bed.

"That's why I'm here and Luci is downstairs watching the kids." I said sitting next to her. I pulled her onto my lap.

"How about this dress?" She said holding up her favorite sundress.

"Rosy, I know we've been here for a long time, but have you forgotten how cold it is back home?"

"Oh, I forgot."

"It's okay my love, how about this cute blouse and pants?"

"They would look cute with my black boots and scarf!"

"See, we are making progress. Put it in your bag babe."

...........................

"Name please."

"Lyric Johnson."

"Let me see what room you are in."

"Thank you."

"You have 2 rooms. The two-room suite is 532, and the other room is 530. Here are your keys."

"Thank you Ma'am," Rosa said taking the keys from her hand. "Here's your key Luci. And here's the key to our room."

"Thanks Rosa. Do you guys need any help unpacking?"

"I think we're good Luci, why don't you get yourself settled and we will tell you if we need anything."

"Are you sure?"

"We are sure. Come on guys let's go get settled in," Rosa said picking up the kids' bags.

"Mommy, Luke and I can carry the bags," Lily said.

"There will be no carrying of bags because the bags have wheels."