15

**Luke in the media**

Thanks JustmeXDl for voting and commenting

--------------------------

"Rosa, baby, please wake up."

"Ma'am she can't hear you." I ignored her. I'm not dumb, I know damn well she can't hear me, but it's worth the try. I wanted her to wake up. I didn't wanna lose her. I looked at Rosa. Her face was no longer the beautiful tanned color I've come to know and love. She was so pale, almost like a ghost. She looked so lifeless. Her body just laid there. I took her hand in mine, it was so cold. Carina walked in with Luke in her arms.

"Mama! Mommy!" he yelled. I took Luke out of Carina's arms and sat him on my lap.

"Thank you for taking him out for lunch Carina."

"No problem Lyric, I mean he is my grandson." I gave her a small smile. "How's Rosa?"

"She still hasn't woken up yet. I'm worried about her and the baby."

"I am too. I don't want her to have to get a c-section."

"Me either. I hope she wakes up soon."

................

It had been 8 months, and Rosa was still in a coma. The baby was due any day now and I was worried that Rosa would have to have a c-section. Carina was here by my side whenever she could be, but she was going through an awful divorce and I didn't want to be a burden on her. Luke and I had been spending most nights in the hospital. We even brought blankets, pillows, and clothes from home. Luke never wanted to leave Rosa's side. He seemed to be really protective over her. Every time a doctor or nurse came in to check on Rosa, he would ask them what they were doing and tell them not to hurt his mommy. These past few months he's broken out of his shell. He's talking better now. He made me smile every time. Luke slept in Rosa's bed a few times too. He wanted to be close to her. I wish I could've slept with her too because I missed wrapping my arms around her and falling asleep together. The doctor came in and interrupted my thoughts.

"Rosa is very far along in her pregnancy, and I'm sorry to say, but if she doesn't wake up in the next few days, we will have to perform a c-section to deliver the baby. The baby is very healthy and well nourished, and will be ready to be born soon."

"I understand. Thank you." The doctor walked out and I pulled Luke closer to me.

"Mama, Mommy wake up?"

"No, not yet Luke, but your sister will be here soon."

"Really!?"

"Yes sir!" Luke has been excited about the baby since Rosa and I told him. Well we told him we were trying to have a baby but it wasn't really working. Since then, he always laid with Rosa when she wasn't feeling well. He would rub her belly. He would even talk to her belly. Rosa and I knew he would be the best big brother ever. When I told him that the baby was in Rosa's belly, he got so excited. Maybe that's why he's so protective of Rosa. Maybe he wants to keep her and the baby safe.

..........

2 days have passed, and Rosa still hadn't woken up. The doctors scheduled her c-section for today and I was scared as hell! Carina took Luke home with her so I could be with Rosa. I kept pacing around thinking the worst things possible. 'What if something goes wrong? What if something happens to Rosa and the baby? WHAT IF ROSA DIES!?' I took a deep breath. I need to calm down. Nothing bad will happen, these doctors know what they're doing. I sat down and stared at Rosa. "Please wake up Princess I'm begging you." I held her and fell asleep.

..........

"Ms. Johnson, it's time." the doctor said waking me. I wasn't ready for this. I wasn't ready to watch them cut my wife open. I know this is the birth of our child but I'm scared to death!

..........

"Elena-Josefina Alessandra Johnson. EJ for short." I signed the birth certificate. I let out a laugh when I saw the line for father.

"What's so funny?"

"ROSA!"

..........

Rosa has been awake for a couple of weeks. She's okay. The doctors don't really know why she went comatose, but they said she was lucky. She wasn't in a vegetative state like they thought she would go into. Carina was right, Rosa was a fighter.