4

I woke up to knocking on the door. Or maybe it was knocking on my head. I don't remember drinking yesterday, but I might have. I jump out of the bed almost hitting the wall. Slipping on my pink slippers. Opening the door, I see Rosa. How does she look so perfect in her black overalls and grey shirt? She had simple sneakers on, but yet she still looked amazing. I don't quite remember what happened yesterday, but I do know that we were out late. She walks in laughing.

"How's the back?"

"What!?"

"Your back. How is it?"

"It's fine. Why wouldn't it be?"

"Look in the mirror." I turned lifting my shirt to see a white bandage on my back.

"Did I get in an accident!?"

"You got a tattoo, Lyric."

"I did? Of what!?"

"I don't know actually you said it was a surprise."

"When can I take off my bandages?"

"In about a week I guess. You don't want it shifting position or getting infected. Truth is it'll take a month for everything to get back to normal. You don't have to keep the bandages on that long of course. But don't be alarmed if it hurts for a while." Rosa said sitting on my couch. I looked down, I'm still wearing my pajamas.

"I should probably go change."

"Can I get something to eat from your kitchen? I'm starving." She placed her phone down on the table. Her case was actually awesome.

"Of course you can. I'm gonna cook breakfast soon actually. Be right back. Can you get me some aspirin? It's in the locked cabinet. The key's in the drawer. I have a headache and I don't really know why."

"Yeah, sure. Wait, where's your son?"

"He's with my dad this weekend."

"Aw I wanted to meet him. I love kids!"

"Come by Monday after work if you want. He'll be here."

"Okay. Go get changed." She shooed me upstairs tossing me the bottle of aspirin from the counter and water. I stripped my clothes off looking for something to wear. I finally settled on black jeans, a black crop top and my blue uggs. I put in my cuff earrings

"Where's the salt?" I heard Rosa call from downstairs.

"Bottom shelf."

"Okay thanks!" After answering her and grabbing my phone from the charger, I bounded down the stairs. Something smelled really good. Walking into the kitchen, I opened FaceTime, calling my dad. I missed Luke and I wanted to see his cute little face. It rang a few times before I was greeted with the top of his head.

"Um, dad. Move the phone down."

"Hi, honey. How are you?"

"I'm great dad, how's Luke?"

"He really missed you. Would you like to talk to him?"

"Yes, let me see my baby!!"

"Okay sweetie." Dad put Luke in front of the camera and seeing his face made me so happy. I felt Rosa walk past me.

"Hi Luke. It's Mama." He just drooled on his chin. Rosa giggled and it was so refreshing.

"Lyric, have you talked to Miracle today?" Dad said from behind the phone.

"No, is she okay?"

"Oh, she's fine. Just she may stop by today, don't tell her I told you. Act surprised."

"Don't worry Dad, I got you."

"OK, Love you Lyr. Luke and I are gonna go the park. Talk to you later. Wave bye-bye Lukey."

"I love you Dad. I love you Luke. You'll be back with Mama tomorrow." my dad hung up the phone and I turned around to see Rosa looking as beautiful as ever cooking.

"Something smells good Rosa. What are you cooking?"

"Oh, just omelets, bacon, sausage, and pancakes" she said with a smile.

"You seem happy. What's up?"

"Your son is so adorable! I can't wait to meet him!"

"Oh. Thanks!"

"Your welcome. Now go sit, breakfast is almost ready."

"Okay!" Damn she cooks too, I thought to myself. Can I just marry this girl?

"Okay, breakfast is ready, " Rosa said handing me a plate of food. I snapped a picture posting it to Instagram, captioned "New roommate?" I took a bite of the omelet and damn it tasted like heaven.

"Hey Rosa?"

"Yes?"

"One, this is amazing. Two, wanna move in?"

"Thanks. And really?"

"No problem. And yeah. From what I remember, you and Kimberli aren't really on good terms and all you have to worry about here is Lucas. He's a bit curious about some things so he might try to examine some of your stuff."

"Awwwww that's so adorable. That's alright with me. I have little cousins that are always in my things. It's not really a problem."

"Why don't you move in later this week? Or later today? Or now? Whatever works for you."

Rosa laughed. "Probably tomorrow. Kimberli isn't home tomorrow, so I can go get my stuff and not have to see her."

"Sounds good. I'll come and help you if you'd like."

"Thanks I could really use the extra help. Do you think Luke will be okay with a total stranger living with him?"

"He loves people! He's gonna love you so don't worry."

"Oh okay, just making sure." Rosa sat next to me and started eating.

"Wanna watch tv?"

"Sure. What should we watch?"

"I have no idea, " I said flipping through the channels. An alert popped up on my phone that my favorite show was on. Yes I have an alert for that. I quickly changed to Undercover Cop, my favorite show ever.

"You like this show too Lyric?"

"You like it Rosa?"

"Hell yeah!" Rosa said being super adorable. "I have to pee, " she said getting up and walking in the wrong direction.

"Rosa! The bathroom's that way love."

"Oh right. I knew that, " she giggled sauntering away. While she was in the bathroom, my doorbell rang. I hopped up, bounding toward the door.

"Hel-"

"Hey sis."