20

"Look Mama!"

"I see you Luke." We were currently at a hotel in the pool, just the five of us. Rosa was teaching Luke how to swim.

"Luke baby I'm so proud of you!" Rosa said clapping and smiling. "Baby why don't you come swim with us?"

"No, I'm fine Rosie, you and Luke can have fun."

"But it's not fun without you Mama!"

"Please baby. One quick swim?"

"I would love to princess but the thing is-"

"What? What is it?"

"Baby I can't swim." She frowned at me. Then suddenly she that look on her face. That look she always had when she had an idea. I have a feeling I'm not going to like this.

"Baby, Lukey and I can teach you, it shouldn't be that hard. Luke got the hang of it pretty quickly."

"Rosa it doesn't work like that."

"Please let me teach you."

"Okay fine, only because I love you and you asked nicely." Rosa and Luke both cheered.

...........

*1 hour later*

"BABY YOU'RE DOING IT!!!!!" Rosa yelled.

"Rosie I'm right here you don't have to yell love."

' "I know, I'm just really proud of you and Lukey!"

"I know love. I thought teaching me how to swim was impossible but you did it. You are an amazing teacher." I pulled her close to me. Our lips were barely inches apart.

"Mama, Mommy I wanna get out of the pool now. Can I play with my toys in the chair Mama was in?"

"Yes, Lukey. You deserve something special for your hard work today." Rosa picked Luke up and they both went out of the pool. Then Rosa dried Luke off and and wrapped the towel around him. Then she picked him up and sat him on my chair and handed him his toys. She quickly got back in the pool and slowly walked over to me.

"Luke, be sure to watch your sister and brother please."

"Of course Mama." I pulled Rosa closer to me and kissed her. The kiss lasted for what seemed like hours but it was actually about 5 minutes. She pulled away and giggled. I looked her up and down. Damn she looked good in her bikini. I picked her up bridal-style and kissed her stomach. All day she had been feeling insecure because of her scar on her stomach from her c-section. I don't know why a girl as perfect as her would ever be insecure. All her imperfections are what make her perfect. "When we get back home I wanna see you're secret tattoo again." I winked at her and she blushed. I set her down in the pool and swam away.

"Catch me princess!" Rosa swam after me and caught me immediately. "Awww babygirl you caught me!"

"Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!"

"Rosie, I'm a little tired. Can we go upstairs and watch a movie with the kids?"

"I want something first."

"Anything for you my love."

"Can I have a hug?" I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist. Rosa put her arms around my neck and I pulled her close. She rested her head on my shoulder and I swayed us back and forth. "I love you Lyric."

"I love you too Rosie." I pulled away a little to peck Rosa's lips. "Let's dry off and go upstairs love." I took her hand and lead her out of the pool. We both dried off with our towels and took the kids up to our room.

...........

I was laying down in our hotel room with the kids. Matty and EJ were sleeping on my chest, and Luke was sleeping beside me. Rosa was taking a shower. About 20 minutes later, Rosa walked out of the bathroom drying her hair. She was wearing one of my old sweatshirts and shorts. She sat next to me on the bed and kissed me.

"Looks like there's no more room for me." Rosa said laughing.

"We can wake up the kids and put them in their own beds."

"I can sleep in Luke's bed baby. You four look so comfortable. I'm not going to disturb them."

"But Rosie, I want to sleep in the same bed as you." I said starting to whine.

"Baby please don't whine."

"Please!!!!!"

"Baby-"

"Please!!"

"Okay baby, but if Matty and EJ start to cry, I'm blaming you."

"Okay love." I carefully sat up, and Rosa picked up the babies. She laid them in their bassinet on the opposite side of the room. I picked up Luke and laid him on his bed. He got to have his own because EJ and Matty were too young to be in one. Then I picked up Rosa and spun her around. She started to giggle and I gave her the "Shh" sign. She covered her mouth and I laid her on the bed.

..........

"Lyric?" Rosa poked my shoulder. I groaned and turned over. "Lyric, are you awake?"

"Well, now I am. What time is it?"

"Um, 3."

"In the morning!?" I sat up and whisper yelled as to not wake up the kids.

"Maybe."

"What's wrong Rosie?"

"I, uh, I had a bad dream." She covered her eyes and jump in my lap. I soothed her and rubbed her back.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened?"

"No not really."

"What would you like me to do?"

"Can you just hold me?"

"Of course I can."

"Lyric?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you sing me a song?"

"Oh, um-. I don't know I-"

"Can you not sing?"

"I can, I just-"

"What is it? Lyric, you can tell me anything?"

"I just haven't sang since my mom, you know."

"Oh, Lyric. I'm so sorry. Please don't cry."

"I'm not crying." I made a confused face. Rosa wiped tears from my eyes. "Oh, I guess I am. Rosie, it's okay, you didn't know. I don't talk about it much."

"Mama, will you sing with me later?"

"As soon as I get home." I was on my way home from school and I got this song stuck in my head. Whenever that happens I always tell my mom. Then we would sit and sing it together. Sometimes we would even dance.

"Promise?"

"I promise Lyric."

"Okay. I love you Mama."

"I love you more babygirl."

"Be home soon okay?"

"Okay."

"When she got home she had to go back out. We never got to sing that day. Then she was gone."

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."

"It's okay, Rosa."

"Tell you what."

"What?"

"I'll sing us both back to sleep, okay."

"That sounds great."

"I love you Lyric."

"I love you so much more Rosa."