Chapter 23|The Ultimate Choice

"Hey Clary, I was looking for you" I grab her attention.

"Hey, where did you run of to last night?" She asks obviously concerned for my wellbeing.

"Now that is a very long story" I sigh chuckling, not wanting to explain the whole story.

"How are you doing" I rub her shoulder in attempt of comfort.

"Honestly" She sighs "Not so good" 

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask knowing how much Simon meant to her, even I cared for him and I don't allow myself to care much now a days.

"Actually yeah, I need tot talk to my best friend" She offers me one of her soft smiles before we make our way to my room. I long abandoned my duty of checking the institute for any more intruders, its not like me to do that but right now Clary needs me and I'm gonna be there for her since I wasn't there for her last night. Besides Alec has the institute covered, doesn't look like he wants my help anyway.

"I just spoke to Simon's mum" Clary begins sitting on my bed, me taking a seat beside her.

"I was going to tell her that she won't ever get to see him again, I had a plan but that all crumbled up into a million pieces once I saw her hopeful face." She confesses.

"Its okay, we'll find a way" I patted her back.

"No" She pauses "I cant do this, I can't live without him" 

"What are you saying" I hesitantly ask, eyes wide in shock, knowing what she's going to say next.

"I want to burry him"

"Clary..." I begin but she cuts me off.

"I know the risk, I know what he will become but I can't live without him" She pauses, eyes brimming with hot tears. "I just can't" she starts sobbing at the thought of having to live without him. I would too if I spend most of my life with someone and then having to let them go just like that. 

I hold her tight while she cries on my shoulder. I know exactly how she feels, if I had to chose between Jack dying or becoming a vampire I would want him to be a part of the undead.

 "I understand" 

"You do?" She questions lifting her head.

"Of course I do. I would of done the same thing, I love Simon too. It'll be hard for him to accustom to the lifestyle once he goes through the transition but he'll be glad you chose to resurrect him" I explain "It might however take some time.

"Okay" She wipes her tear stained cheeks with the back of her hand and sniffles. "I'm glad you're here" 

"I'm glad I'm here too" I give her a tight hug. How long am I gonna stay here tho is a mystery, even to me. I have no idea how long my institute will agree with this arrangement but I bet Maryse can pull a few strings if I ever need to.

For the rest of the day me and Clary stayed in my room watching movies and crying over Simon with tubs of ice cream while the whole institute was hectic. We just simply locked ourselves away and let everyone else take care of the problems at hand. 

Its probably a shitty move but we should be able to have a day off before we burry our friend and make him into a vampire. 

Geez, putting it that way sounds a lot worse than I thought.

We just finished another movie in the twilight series finding it extremely amusing to watch, knowing that vampires don't sparkle in sunlight. In fact they can't even go out in the sunlight. We take a moment to appreciate the silence before we have to leave the comfortable atmosphere of the room and enter depression once again.