Chapter 9|Smart Move Izzy

While Alec takes his top of^^ Oft it's getting hot in here.

"Skylar what the hell were you thinking? You could of gotten yourself killed" Alec yelled as soon as he saw me enter the institute.

I roll my eyes "Awww does Alec Lightwood actually care about something other than the rules?" I fake a gasp. Don't get me wrong I strongly believe in the rules just sometimes you have to rule with your heart and not with your brain. Your brain allows you to overlook the detail your heart would follow.

"Not only did you put yourself but all of us at risk by going after her. God knows how the vampires would of taken it" Alec ignores my previous statement.

"Well judging by the fact that we're all here and alive it went well" I push past him but he grabs my forearm preventing me from going any further.

"Don't do that again. We all thought you were dead" He looks me in the eyes softening the tone of his voice.

I scoff taking my arm out of his grasp "It takes more than a pathetic little vampire to kill me" I say on my way towards the others who were all watching the exchange.

"A hundreds year old vampire" Simon mumbles but I ignore it.

"So I take it it went well?" I ask looking at the people around me who mostly held surprised expressions.

"How did you only escape with a scratch and a bruise" Jace narrows his eyes at me.

"Oh please" I roll my eyes " To overpower your enemies you have to become your enemies. All i had to do was think like Camille and she talks a lot" I pause emphasising my wording "Every time she tried to get in my head I analysed her and attacked when appropriate. Its shadowhunter rule number 1" I scoff walking up to Izzy and the Hodge guy from earlier to see pictures of Magnus Bane on the screen.

Boy was I exited.

"No one taught me that" Jace looks down onto the floor but I ignore him instead pointing at the screen.

"Magnus Bane?" I question.

"He's most likely to know how to get all my memories back" Clary clarifies.

"So we're making a little exchange and luring him out of hiding" Isabelle elaborates more.

"Clary you okay?" I question as she touches the necklace hanging from her neck.

"Yeah I'm just worried about Dot, I can't see her anymore" She explains.

"Wait Dot? When did you see Dot?" I ask.

"She was looking for me Sky. And they took her" Clary's eyes start to go glossy so I walk up to her giving her a hug.

How long was I gone for that they already had time to go on another mission. I must have been gone for a while since I couldn't seem to find my way back to the institute but surely it wasn't that long.

"Don't worry we'll get your memories back" I assure her hugging her tighter before releasing.

"Oooo Sky I totally forgot to show you to your room." Izzy put the tablet down before grabbing my hand and leading me up the stairs and down a long corridor before stopping in front of one of the doors.

"This is such an upgrade from the infirmary" I glance around the luxurious looking room.

"I know right" Izzy shrieks. "You make yourself at home but for now we need to get ready for the missions so lets get Clary" She then closed the door as we make our way back to the foyer talking to Jace.

"Where's Simon" I question not seeing him anywhere. Hodge and Alec were still in front of the computer discussing something but I couldn't see Simon.

"He left" Jace rolled his eyes.

"What?" I shriek surprised "Why would he leave if he knows that its not safe out there" 

"He claims he can take care of himself" Clary sighs. "I don't know what to do Sky, I don't want him to feel like I'm picking all of this..." She gestures all around her "...over him"

"I'm sure he doesn't feel that way and he's Simon, he'll understand that this is a part of you now" I give her a soft smile.

"Well now that we've discussed that lets get ready" Izzy takes both mines and Clary's hands before leading us towards her room.

"So since you guys don't have any of your clothes here, mines will just have to do" Izzy looks back at us as we stand in front of her closet. She takes out multiple dresses cringing at each one before she hands Clary a sleeveless tight black dress.

"I don't know Izzy, I'm more of a jeans and a T-shirt kinda girl" Clary examines the dress in her hands.

"Don't be daft, go try it on" She motions towards the back of the room before disappearing in between her clothes again.

"And this ones for you" Izzy hands me a pink velvet quarter sleeved dress. 

"Where do you get all these clothes" I asks shaking my head but Izzy just laughs probably thinking it was a rhetorical question. I know for a fact I don't get this much spending money but then again I don't need many other clothes than my shadowhunter uniform.

As Clary emerges from behind this curtain like thing looking totally hot may I add I take her place and once I'm done I look at the two girls in front of me. Isabelle already had her sparkly gold dress on and was touching up some makeup.

"I never understood why you're not into dresses" I shake my head at Clary who just shrugs in response.

"You look good" Jace whistles at Clary who was looking into a mirror as he walks in.

"Well I better go see Alec, he never knows what to wear to these thing either" Izzy chuckles. "Skylar" She ushers me out of the room and that's where I get what she was doing. She wanted to leave Jace and Clary alone.

Smart move Izzy, smart move.

We are actually going to see Alec tho, he'll turn up in the worst attire otherwise" She links her arms with me leading us towards what I assume was Alec's room.

"Come in" He shouts from the other side of the door as Isabelle knocks on the door.

"We've come to the rescue" Izzy hollers as we walk in.

"You are so not wearing that to a party" I comment on his plain white t-shirt and faded jeans.

"And why not" He questions looking down at my dress, his eyes staying a little longer than normal.

"She's right, you need to blend in not stand out" Izzy comments walking over to his closet.

She groans "Sky I think I need some assistance over here, you know how messy boys are" She shouts from inside.

I laugh walking past Alec and towards Izzy who audibly sighed.

"What about this?" I question holding up a blue dress shit that currently has it's sleeves rolled up to the elbow.

"Perfect" Izzy gushes. "Now take out some newer jeans" She commands and Alec takes out some black jeans.

"Try it on" She ushers as he stands in front of us looking lost.

He then sighs before pulling his top over his head revealing his toned stomach and the runes that covered his whole body and I couldn't help but stare at some of them. Not gonna lie Alec is one attractive shadowhunter, too bad his personality isn't worth it. I then quickly averted my eyes once he seen my staring and wondered around the room to distract myself.

Way to go Skylar. You just had to get caught checking him out.