Chapter 4|Inconvenience

Alec's face when he walks in on Skylar ^^

"For Christ Sake Alec, Stop being such a pushover" I yell at his retreating figure.

"I'm not a pushover" He stops walking and turns around to face me. "Skylar, you just don't understand my family. They're clave members. They expect too much of me" He starts walking closer.

"Yeah and mine are clave members too, in case you forgot. Even from a young age they expected me to be the best of the best but your mother was a reasonable woman once, I'm sure she'll understand your decision" I explain.

"She'll be furious" He glares at me.

"Let her be. She'll get over it. Just do something for yourself for once. Stop trying to please your family" I walk closer to him.

"Maybe you should take your own advice" He mutters and before I can reply he continues "Besides this is for myself" He throws his hands up in the air.

"If you really think that then you're kidding yourself. You're doing it for the sake of your family name. You'll be miserable and unhappy if you go through with this."

"Well if you know me so dam much then tell me what I should do" He sits down onto the floor in frustration with me following him.

"Don't go through with it. Your parents would want you to be safe" I pause deciding weather or not  I should tell him how I feel but when he doesn't reply I take it as my opportunity "And I'll be devastated" I look up at him through my eyelashes as he stares at me with his mouth wide open.

I scratch the back of my head "I should probably go" I awkwardly stand up leaving without saying another word.

***

The first thing I gain back is my hearing which is how I detected that someone is in the same room as me. Their breathing was rather loud so I'm pretty sure anyone could hear it, even a mundane. The next thing I gained was my sense of touch which aloud me to feel the soft fabric underneath my finger tips and over my body. I slowly opened my eyes and look around the unfamiliar surroundings before my eyes land on a person in the arm chair across the room.

"Great you're awake" He stood up "Now put these on we have some questions" He laid down some clothes on the end of the bed.

"Who are you" I ask puzzled not knowing where I was "And where am I?" I follow up.

"I'm Alec, the guy who saved your life... Twice" He crosses his arms in an intimidating manner. "And you're in the institute so get dressed. I'll be back in 5 minutes to take you to your sister. I believe she's still sleeping" 

"Ehhhhmm, who undressed me?" I ask just as he's about to leave noticing that I'm only wearing my underwear and an oversized T-shirt.

"My sister Izzy, don't worry I'm not a pervert" He gives me a serious look before leaving the room.

What a miserable human being.

I shake my head at his behaviour and get out of the very comfortable bed that I was in. The first thing I do though is go to the bathroom that was a few feet away from me and look in the mirror. I didn't actually look that bad but was in some serious need of makeup. I quickly brush my fingers through my hair and brush my teeth as well since I found an unused toothbrush in one of the cupboards.

When I walked back to the room I picked up the outfit on my bed and shrugged. It wasn't what I would usually wear but it was nice, a little revealing but I recon it'll look alright. I put on the black skinny leather trousers and the knee high leather boots but when I was putting the top on I accidentally pulled my head through the sleeve hole and my hand through the head ending up in a very awkward position.

As I was wiggling around the room trying to get the top off the door flew open and I froze looking at Alec who was standing in the doorway with an amused expression.

"I'm stuck" I moved my hair out of the way with one of my free hands and released a breath.

"Very nice, how did you manage that" He walked in closing the door behind him.

"I don't really know" The top was lifted over my stomach, just below my boobs and one of my hands were above my head while my head was in a very uncomfortable position.

Alec examined my position carefully before pursing his lips and walking over to me. "Hmm, I think that you just need to pull your head out first" He gives me some advice but I've tried everything and I can't do it without help so with an undignified sigh I ask him to help me.

"Just pull it over my head please" 

He sighs "You're not very bright for a shadowhunter" He raises his eyebrows and I give him the best glare I can master. 

"I'll have you know I am extremely bright" 

"Ahh is that why I'm here snd you're there?" I can see a small smirk playing at his lips.

"Just help a girl out"

He walks over to me and grabs the bottom of the top before trying to pull it up but jokes on him it's very tight. He then tries to lift it up a different way in which he runs his hands up my sides lifting the top up in the process and I squirm.

"Stand still" He chuckles.

"It tickles" I shriek as he touches the side of my bra. 

Get over yourself Skylar. You survived an attack by 20 demons you can survive a little bit of tickling.

"Wow second base already? You're moving fast" The blonde guy chuckles as he walks into the room seeing Alec and I in this compromising position.

"She's stuck" Alec defends himself and finally pulls my head through the arm and from there I'm able to pull it off completely.

"Oh thank the lord" I sigh "Freedom" I look at Alec and blondie who are staring at my chest.

"Eyes up here boys" I laugh gesturing towards my eyes and put the top on properly.

"I wasn't.." Alec tries to defend himself but it's really no use.

"Whatever. Where's Clary?" I ask.

"Oh that's why I came in here" The blonde dude says. "She woke up"

Alec leaves the room first with me right behind him. 

"I'm Jace by the way" 

Oh Jace. Should I make him have a little crush on Skylar or just leave her all to Alec Hmmmm Decisions 🤔