Chapter 5|Maybe Next Time Lightwood

Alec because Simon talks too much ^^🙊

"Clary" I hug my bestfriend "I'm so glad you're okay" 

"Sky are they for real?" Clary gestures towards Jace and Alec "Is this really happening?" 

"I'm afraid so" I look down "But now that its out in the open I can tell you everything" My eyes light up. All I wanted to do was talk to Clary about my time in the institute and about my parents but I've had to lie to her or conceal the whole truth which is exhausting and I don't even remember half of the lies I told her. Its going to be so much easier without having to hide everything from her, I just wish that she'll understand that I had to.

"Well if you're done with your reunion I'd like to ask some questions" Alec clears his throat and I glare at him for interrupting us.

"It's no use Alec they're clueless" Jace crosses his arms over his chest.

"That ones not" Alec points at me narrowing his eyes at me and I just sigh and face him. 

"What do you want to know?"

"Let's start with the fact that we don't know who you are, yet you're a shadowhunter" Alec gives me an accusing look.

"You're a what?" Clary shrieks.

"I said I'll explain everything, just wait until we're alone" I tell her and then turn to Alec "I'm from the California Institute that's based in LA"

"So why are you here?" He narrows his eyes as if I was some spy.

"I'm visiting Clary for her birthday" I roll my eyes at him.

"Why did you ambush our mission then?"

"In my defence that was completely Jace's fault"

"It was so not my... actually that was kinda my fault" Jace agrees.

"Oooo is this them?" A gorgeous girl walks into the room. "I'm Isabelle but you can call me Izzy" She gushes going in for a hug.

"Skylar" I give her a polite smile.

"Clary" And just as she says that he phone goes off. "Its Simon" She looks over at me and picks it up.

"What do you mean you're outside?" She walks over to the window with me following her and sure enough Simon is standing outside .

"I'll be down in a bit" She tells him before hanging up. "Be right back" She rolls her eyes at the thought of her best guy friend.

"I'll come with you, I think I saw something behind your friend there" Jace announces and I just narrow my eyes at him.

"I don't like him very much" I stare at the now closed door that they just went through.

"Well that's a first, everyone likes Jace" Alec snorts.

"Why? He seems like a dick" I question.

"Well a lot of girls would say he's charismatic, strong, good looking..."

"I've seen way better looking people than him" I snort. "I'm pretty sure a demon could beat him in a beauty contest" I argue making Alec and Izzy laugh.

"You're funny, I like you" Izzy compliments. 

"Appreciated" I nod my head "We should probably check on Clary though" I start walking out of the room to the right.

"This way" Alec grabs my elbow and turns me around so I'm going to other way.

"Why is there a mundane in the institute?" Alec raises his voice as Simon walks in.