Chapter 21: Arguments

After seeing Mr Jackson, me and Ryder walk around the school catching up about the last 2 years, but there was something on my mind I wanted to ask.

"What's with you and Jace?" I ask Ryder.

His face changes as soon as I say Jace.

"Don't even mention that fuckers name." His voice was deep.

Shit! Something bad must of gone on?

I decided not to push further. Instead the bell went signaling it's next period. I notice we're in the hallway where our English class is.

Everyone walks out of their class and I see Jace come out of his classroom not looking happy at all. I'm guessing he must of felt my stare as he diverts his eyes and meets mine.

Something flashes in his eyes. Guilt? Anger?

Have I done something wrong?

He then realises that I'm not alone and looks at the figure besides me, his eyes turn dark.

That's when he starts walking towards us.

This isn't going to go well.

"Hey let's go we have science together, we don't want you to hang out with dickheads much longer." Jace says putting his hand on my shoulder trying to guide me to science.

That was so uncalled for.

But a hand on my arm stops us.

"Hah that's funny. So why is she hanging out with you then?" Ryder says pulling me back with a straight face.

You couldn't just keep your mouth shut could you Ryder?

"Wow don't you have the nerve to say that little boy?"

"Oh don't start acting hard Kingston only cos your 'girl' is here."

"I'm pretty sure you know I'm not acting 'hard' Knight, you know I can beat your arse in less than a second."

I'm sure I see Ryder's face pale a bit.

"Shut the fuck up both of you." I say pushing them both back as they start getting close, squishing me.

"What is going on between you two?" I ask looking at them both as they have a stare off.

"Why don't you ask your pathetic ex, he's the cause of it." Jace says with an emotionless expression.

"You know damn well you're the reason for it, you're the one who took everything from me." Ryder spits back.

"Oh fuck it I can't be arsed, tell me when you've both grown a pair." I say and walk off getting past the crowd that has formed leaving them both to stare at each other 'lovingly'.

They don't have to tell me although I'd like to know. But maybe I can find out from someone else since everyone loves to gossip.

~

I walk into science and head to the back of the class.

I ain't sitting at the front.

As I'm walk to the back a girl picks up her things and scrambles to the front avoiding my stare. Did she move because​ of me?

I sit at the table where the girl was a second ago, and everyone looks at me with worried looks.

Can everyone stop staring at me?

"Can someone tell me why the fuck you're all staring at me?" I speak out, getting annoyed.

"That's Jace's place and no one is allowed to sit there." A girl says quietly.