Chapter 7

During lunch time, Taehyung came over to ask about my injury. Nayeon had some dance club meeting and had left. She occasionally would have such meetings since she's one of the seniors there.

"Thanks for your ointment, it's better than yesterday." I grinned. "At least I wouldn't be having a dislocation."

"That's good to hear...I wouldn't know what to do if it had gotten serious." Relief washes over him and he smiled.

Ba-bump!

My heart started to pound for that moment and I clenched on to my chest.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Taehyung seemed to be shocked by my action and leaned in closer.

My eyes grew wider at our distance and my chest hurts even more.

"Erm..." A guy's voice called from outside our class and both of us turned to that direction.

It was Jung Kook.

"Yes, do you need something?" Taehyung acknowledged him.

"I'm looking for...Yejin." Jung Kook said.

"Oh." Taehyung glanced at me and back to Jung Kook. Somehow there was a tinge of jealousy shown on Taehyung's face but only for that second.

"Jung Kook ah, what's wrong?" I smiled awkwardly, glad that I was saved from that tense atmosphere. 

Or not.

"Oh, do you want to have lunch together at the cafeteria?" Jung Kook suggested and I nodded.

"Sure."

"I'll come too." Taehyung suddenly joined in and I quickly asked, "For what?" A little too loud.

"Because...I'm hungry?" 

"Well you could go with Jimin!" I argued.

"Jimin already went to Chaeyeon though."

Damn.

"Will it be fine if I join you?" He walked over to Jung Kook with a smile. And of course, being the new boy, Jung Kook agreed. 

The three of us went ahead to the cafeteria in an awkward vibe surrounding us. Most people were staring at Taehyung and I since we just quarrelled yesterday about the hair pulling incident. 

"Yejin, let's have beef curry rice again today! It was delicious when I tried it yesterday." Jung Kook suggested and I agreed immediately; since it was my favourite food in school.

"I'm going to grab some Japanese cuisine." Taehyung said as he walked away.

Jung Kook seemed as if he was struggling with something when we were queuing up for the food. I sneaked a peek at him and our eyes met. He instantly looked away and cleared his throat.

"J-Jung Kook...It seemed that you're troubled about something?" I started with a small smile. 

"O-oh...erm...sorry if it seemed rude to you but are you...very close with that guy?" Jung Kook asked cautiously.

"Oh no...We're just classmates from last year though. He's our class leader." I explained.

"I see. Class leader. That explains it." Jung Kook laughed as he nodded his head, quickly accepting my answer.

"Yeah." I laughed together with him to dismiss the awkward moment, or maybe not.

We collected our food and sat on the table at the corner. Taehyung started a conversation easily with Jung Kook. And in no time, the both of them seemed to be the best of friends as I was being left out from their conversation.

"Wow you've been in Australia?" Taehyung was amazed by Jung Kook.

"Yeah, it was not that bad." Jung Kook said. "Most of the students here had been to overseas though." 

"Well not me..." Taehyung shrugged his shoulders sadly.

"For real? Oh...I-I mean...you will have a chance in the future. I'm sure of it." Jung Kook grinned brightly and continued to eat his food.

"No worries buddy." Taehyung smiled.

Jung Kook invited me and Taehyung after school to visit his work place near the school. It was a popular cafe where it was rumoured to have a bunch of handsome and cool waiters. I can see why Jung Kook was able to be hired though. But then again, wasn't he from a rich family? Why did he still have to work part time?

// 

Nayeon insisted to follow us after school because Jin oppa was one of the waiter there as well. How could she missed the chance to see Jin oppa? Taehyung brought along Jimin as well because he doesn't want to be sandwiched between Nayeon and I. 

"Where are we going again?" Jimin asked for the third time since we left the school. 

"To BTS cafe. How many times must I repeat myself?" Taehyung was getting annoyed as well.

"Seriously though Jimin, did you pluck your ears?" Wow. This was the first time Nayeon sided along Taehyung. 

"We will only be there for a while right? Chaeyeon needs my help with her history assignment." Jimin finally confessed and we all rolled our eyes.

Doesn't he realised he was being taken advantage of? Good grief.

There were a crowd of girls lining outside the cafe and the four of us gasped. We were deciding whether to just head back to the dormitory or queue up. There were two waiters outside; one of them was by the entrance, hosting seats to the customers while the other was taking orders.

The waiter taking orders came to us and I read the name on his name tag. It states, 'Namjoon'. 

"How many people?" He asked.

"Four of us." Taehyung answered.

"Right. Erm, right now we have a high volume of customers so you'd probably have to wait for about forty minutes to an hour. Will that be okay?" He shrugged and waited for our response.

We looked at one another as we were contemplating. 

"Actually, we were invited by Jung Kook. Will you please call him out?" Nayeon admitted boldly and for a moment, our heart stopped.

"Erm...sure. Hold on for a second." The waiter was kind of intimidated by Nayeon's tone of voice and he went in to call for Jung Kook.

"What? I'm just stating a fact. Plus I ain't waiting for an hour in the cold." Nayeon surrendered when the three of us gave her a disbelief look.