1.

It is the first day of school after the summer break. What a time to be alive...

I take my backpack that was on the chair in the kitchen and I give my mom a kiss. 'Bye mom, see you tonight.' 'Bye honey, have a good day.'

I walk to the car, the engine is already running. The window of the driver is rolled down. 'Hola Luna, ready for the first day?' 'Sort of, is Ambar already in the car?' 'Yes, we are ready to go.' I take place in the backseat and Tino begins to drive to school.

It is a quiet drive, Ambar and I were never the greatest friends so we don't have exactly a lot to talk about every morning. Luckily it isn't that far.

Nina is reading a book in the corridor when I walk in. I walk towards her.

'Hola Nina.' I give her a kiss on her cheek. 'Hola Luna, ready to start a new year?' I sigh. 'Actually no, but that you are here makes it a little bit better.' she smiles in response.

We were discussing our new schedules when Gaston puts his arm around Nina. 'I guess my lady is ready for a new year.' She nods excitedly, Gaston and I are laughing in response. They couldn't be more opposites of each other.

Gaston gives me a hug.

'So are you already planning your escape plan?' 'Will you help me? My new schedule is a disaster. I have science and after that math. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?' He laughs. 'But for you, there is no good solution to be honest.' 'No school sounds like a good solution.' 'Luna' Nina says appalled while Gaston is still laughing. 'Luna has a point.' 'Not you too.' she sighs. 'I need new friends.' Now we both can't stop laughing.

Gaston and I became really good friends from the moment he and Nina got together. We didn't hate each other before that but we just didn't have a reason to talk. But I am glad we found one.

We still laugh when somebody walks towards us and signs that we must stay quiet. When stands very close behind Gaston he begins to start talking. 'So does somebody wants to explain what is so funny?'

Gaston turns around quicker than light when he heard the voice.

'HERMANO!' He says so loud that the whole corridor is now looking at us. 'What the fuck are you doing here?' 'I am back bro.' Everybody goes slowly back to their own conversations but now he is the main talk of the conversations. Some are giggling with their friends while others try to eavesdrop on what we are saying.

He is back? Who the fuck is he? Why is everybody talking about him?

'You've got to be kidding me.' 'Do I look like I am joking?' 'Well, your face is pretty funny to be fair.' 'Okay fuck you.' He laughs and pulls Gaston in for a hug.

This gives me the chance to ask Nina who this is.

'Matteo' 'Matteo?' 'Yeah, you know, Matteo Balsano, the best friend of Gaston.' I still shrug my shoulders not knowing who he is but at least we now have a name.

'You also can ask me who I am though or do you want to get my attention by whispering about me?'

I look at him in shock. 'I am sorry, what?'

He comes closer and pulls his hand out of his pocket and put it in front of him for me to shake it. 'Matteo Balsano and you are?' I shake his hand. 'Luna Valente' He smiles at me 'Nice to meet you.' I nod, still not knowing what all this is about.

Gaston doesn't give me the chance to ask further about who the fuck he is. 'I missed you man, it isn't the same here without you.' 'I am really happy I am back, finally back together again.' And they do a handshake which they clearly don't do for the first time.