I heard him laugh over at the phone; I can hear Mum’s frantic crying as the background noise. I had never felt so much fear and anger in my life before. ‘Never will I give you back your Mother, you both deserve it for abandoning me,’ he spoke to me darkly and then the line cut off swiftly, telling me that he had hung up on me.

I let out a string of curses so loudly and crudely that made any sane person blush at my reference before I calmed down enough to dial the police’s number. I ignored Emily’s questions and concentrated on the number one thing in my mind. I need to call the police and report that Mum was kidnapped.

I need to.

‘WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE’S NOT BEEN REPORTING TO HIS PROBATION OFFICER? YOU DIDN’T THINK THAT HE’D BE INSANE ENOUGH TO COME CRASHING INTO MY FUCKING APARTMENT AND KIDNAP MY MOTHER? HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET?’ I screamed at the two police officers at the top of my lungs. I let out a frustrated scream and hurled my chair that I was seated on just now at the two police officers that were standing there in my apartment looking awkward.

They let out a shout at the incoming thing and both of them dodged at the same time. The offending chair crashed at the wall and lay broken on the floor. I was disappointed that the chair didn’t manage to hit them. ‘I FUCKING HATE ALL OF YOU POLICE OFFICERS!’ I screamed at them again and stalked away, muttering Spanish curses under my breath before locking myself in my room.

When I was in it, I paced in the room back and forth. I had called Liam, Mitchie, Blake and Henry over when I was busy waiting for the police officers to come down to my apartment. When I had received that accursed call, I had left the clinic as fast as I could. When I finally reached home, I had found the door ajar but everything was still in place, nothing was stolen, just my Mum.

I was so angry.

Yes, I know.

Because of them not doing their jobs, Mum is kidnapped and held by that spawn of the devil. I had a clue what was happening to her at the moment that was why I was so angry. I was so determined that Mum shouldn’t deserve being hit by her own husband that this blow to me was making me so maddening.

I let out a sharp breath and tried calming myself down, muttering curses. I switched on loud music, letting the bass ring and the drum beats shake around my room and after twenty minutes of screaming at everyone for being so idiotic, I had somewhat calmed down. I calmed down but then despair and depression took over my whole body.

My throat was sore after all that screaming and my eyes felt dry after all that crying. I didn’t know what to do right now, I had never felt so lost before in my entire life and all I wanted to do right now was to go back home with a chainsaw. I will drag Mum out with me if that’s the last thing I would do. I will go there and bring her back. But knowing him, he would be out of the country by that time. Maybe out of the state. He’d know I’d be searching for them and he would need to put some distance in-between.

This is so maddening really.

I let out a groan and ran both hands through my hair, making everything stand at odd angles. I just stared mindlessly at the ceiling as an old song by Prince came roaring through my speakers. I was singing along when I heard the knocks on my door, making me frown in distaste. I was just about to soar into dreamland, dancing along with Prince when those knocks came crashing down.

Groaning again, I forced myself on my feet to open the door so the knocks would stop. ‘What the fuck do you want?’ I growled at the person who had knocked, my mood sinking steadily at the fact that I had to get up and open it. My heart fluttered unsteadily when my eyes met with Blake’s.