Chapter 32

(Recap)

It was another four hours before we spotted the sign that read “Welcome to Wolf Creek Town. Population four hundred and sixty eight.”

On the side of the sign was a picture of a wolf howling to the sky, with the moon behind it.

“Oh what fun, we’re nearly there.” Sammy said clapping her hands in excitement.

“Yeah.” I said unenthusiastically.

Just freaking great, we’re driving into a town filled with crazy humans and werewolves. Eleven against approximately four hundred and sixty eight, er… could be worse.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 32

As we drove through the town, towards the suburban area, the town didn’t look the way I had initially thought it would. For some reason I kept picturing this tiny village that was shrouded in mist, snow covering the huts made of wood, with grey smoke spewing from light fireplaces. With the occasional cattle, stray dogs and cats running around, and the people wearing those old styled grey and brown working class famer clothes, carrying around pitchforks and torches. Okay that idea was a little out dated and I admit a little rediculous, but the town we were driving through was really nice, not what I would have pictured a loony bin to look like at all.

The buildings where all painted red or built in sturdy red bricks, and in front of each store door was two small green potted shrubs, placed on a white paved walk way. Some of the buildings had boards in place of the shrubs that read various things from the specials they were having to random advertisements and some places had nothing at all, just showing off what was in store, but all of the shop fronts were very neat and appealing, if I didn’t know better I wouldn’t have thought that this town were a bunch of werewolf fanatics.

The people that were outside seemed to be very friendly, greeting and talking to each other, some even waved at us and we reluctantly waved back, it was like we were driving through Pleasentville or something. There was a neatly kept garden in what seemed to be the center of the small town, with a gazebo in the center. Some couples were sitting in it simply chatting away without a care in the world. On top of the gazebo was like a weather cock, except of the traditional weather cock on the roof, it was a howling wolf with the four arrows pointing out the north, west, south and east. Must look like a real wolf howling when the full moon was up and you stood in just the right position.

“Oh…kay, weird.” I said sounding a little freaked out.

“Yip definitely weird.” Hunter said, waving as we passed a few more smiling and waving people. A group of girls giggled when they saw him and he smiled and winked at them.

I slapped him up side the head and glared at him.

“What?” HE asked playing dumb, and I just continued to silently glare at him, when I was satisfied that I knew that he knew that I disapproved of him flirting with girls, I turned to look out the window again.

“I like it.” Sammy said in an excited voice.

“Of course you’ll like it.” Hunter said turning to her.

She just ignored him and waved like crazy at the passing people and blew some kisses towards them as well, I think she mouthed call me using her hands as a phone to one of the guys that were watching us drive by. I wanted to duck down and hide somewhere, where none of those loony’s could find me.