Chapter 16

Hi All,

A little bit rough i know but i wanted to get it out before the end of day, otherwise i might not get another chance. 

Hope you enjoy

Ciao

Steph ;) ♥♥♥

-------------------------------------------------------------------------►

(Recap)

"Emmaline You have to-"

He didn't get a chance to finish what he was say because I grabbed his hand that was on my shoulder and threw him on the ground. I stood over him, and looked down at the man that single handedly cushed me, and all the hurt and anger came to the surface, i managed to utter just one word,

"Don't"

That one word spoke volumes, it revealed for a split second all the hurt and emotions I was feeling, but most importantly all the anger.

I turned and walked back to the school without incident and never once glanced back at Hunter. It ends tonight, I will not cry over someone that doesn't want me. Tomorrow we would put our plan into action, with or without Hunter.

---------------------------------------------------------------►

Chapter 16

The next day I felt like I was knocked over by a bus, I hadn’t had a chance to sleep I was too anxious to get started on  mission ‘search and rescue’. I had a killer headache, which started around five this morning, and it just wouldn’t go away, even after I took pain killers.

I bumped into Nathan in the hallway and I stumbled back, almost falling to the floor, but Nathan caught me in time.

“Oops, sorry Snow. I wasn’t looking were I was walking.”

“It’s okay, I wasn’t paying attention either.” He steadied me and when our hands touched I felt him slip a piece of paper in my hand, I quickly hid it in one of my books that I was carrying.

“See ya around .”

“Yeah see ya.” I waved to him and quickly made my way to the girl’s rest room. I entered one of the stalls and proceeded to retrieve the note. Opening it slowly I read a single line ‘To kill a Mocking bird by Harper Lee’.

What the hell? A book title? What’s that supposed to mean? I still had cleaning duties in the library so maybe he wants me to check the book out for him or something, either way this was a buzz kill. Stuffing the paper in my shirt pocket I marched to my locker and shoved my books in, then headed off to the library.

“Morning Miss Southgate.”

“Morning Emmaline.”

She gave me a smile and I nodded in greeting at the security guards, before walking to the back, to do my usual cleaning. Yeah, me and Miss Southgate are cool, she’s great once you got to know her.

After a while when I was sure the guards weren’t watching me I looked around for the book, still keeping up the pretense of dusting.

I found Lee Harper’s book and carried it off to a corner to have some privacy. As I opened the book a piece of paper fell out. Quickly bending to pick it up, I opened it and read it.