Chapter 29

Hi All,

So I hate to break it to ya, but this is my second last chapter in pure blood. I will maybe be doing a sequal, we'll see how this book goes.

I'll be posting my new book either tomorrow or sometime in this week, so that's another thing to look forward to.

So ya, hope you enjoy it.

See ya soon ;)

Steph

-------------------------------------------------------------

(Recap)

“Shh, it’s okay Sunshine. I’m here now.”

“Don’t leave me Hunter…”

“Never baby... never”

He laid down next to me on the bed, above the covers, while he wrapped me tightly in the sheets. I rested my head on his chest, my hand flat against his chest feeling the reassuring beat of his heart, while it lulled me to sleep, he was playing with my hair to sooth me and it was slowly working. It was a long while before I fell asleep again, scared the dream would return.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29

The next morning I woke to an empty bed, the sun was almost halfway in the sky, meaning it was nearly noon and I had slept for the first time since my thirteenth birthday for nearly six hours. I had no nightmares after Hunter slept next to me, just a peaceful nights rest. I looked around the room and saw a fresh pair of clothes on the stool by the work desk. I quickly dressed and stepped outside to find out where everyone was. I spotted where there seemed to be a group of people gathering by one room and I made my way over to them. I soon spotted Hunter and the rest of my gang. I walked up to Hunter; he was talking to the remaining pack explaining how we were going to keep a low profile and what we had planned for the future. He brushed against me and I realized that he moved closer to me, almost like he was shielding me, he didn’t make any indication that he noticed my sudden appearance. Once the meeting was over, he casually slung an arm around my neck and stirred me away from the rest of the pack.

“You okay sunshine?”

“I’m okay”

“Wanna talk about last night?” He was looking straight without a hint of the conversation taking place in our heads.

“No.” He nodded and said nothing more on the subject, even though I knew he would bring it up again in the future. I just wasn’t up for talking about it right now.

We left soon after brunch and for a while we were on the road, until we reached another motel at the end of another day. I avoided sleep for three nights, afraid the nightmares would return and hating the fact that Hunter saw me like that. I used some of my empathy power to help some members of the pack deal with their loss and the situation at hand and that just ate away more of my energy. I tried sleeping alone and every time I did, I would dream, not necessarily the same dream, but just as bad, and every time Hunter would hold me and cradle me until I fell asleep in his arms. I’m starting to think that I would never be able to sleep on my own again.