1.20 | Empty Promises + One Way Street

Start from the beginning

"Lavanya?"

She hummed applying makeup, "Yeah, his girlfriend. Mind you, real one. Not like the girls he hangs with on campus."

Girlfriend? I could faintly, but clearly, remember him telling me she was his best friend. He'd said that was it, nothing more. But then again... after I had seen him kissing Amanda, could I believe anything he's ever said to me? His words are all empty.

I keep trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because even if it had been a long ruse with me, the shelter was very much real. I wanted to believe atleast some part of my time spent with him was real but it wasn't possible to let that small bit overshadow everything else stacked against him.

Shaking my thoughts away from him, for he didn't deserve me spending my time over him, I walked over to tuck away the tag on the back of Kripa's dress. When I could see the brand logo clearly though, I paused for a second.

It was the same one that was on that shirt.

Noticing I was hiding it away, she smiled at me through the mirror. "Thanks."

There was the same symbol on the back of her shoulder strap, imprinted. "This logo..."

"Hmm?" She turned to me since my voice was quiet, "Did you say something?"

"Oh, I was just looking at the logo."

"Ah, that. Interested, Ms. future designer?"

"Usually companies don't have their logo imprinted on clothes, you know? Unless it's a high-end brand like Nike, polo, or something."

"True, one day though, mark my words, this fashion house is going to make it to the top. In the last three years only, it's already on its way."

I rolled my eyes at her exaggeration.

She continued to explain, "But anyway, this imprint only means that it's a design never meant to be repeated for a second piece. They only put it on styles that are specially created and not meant to be a part of some line or collection."

So that means that shirt is a unique piece too? Why? It's normal enough. It's not even a different style or anything.

I eyed in interest, "You know too much about this brand, don't you?"

"I'd hope so." She answered with a chuckle and it didn't make sense to me. She moved on, however. "Now sit. Let me do your makeup."

"Krips, please, no."

She assured, "I'll keep it light. Promise."

I compromised at that and allowed her to dabble a little of those chemical products on my face.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

| . . .  C H A P T E R  . . . 1. 2 0 . 2 : O N E - W A Y - S T R E E T . . . |

As soon as we entered the hall where this ball was taking place, Kripa led us towards our group of friends. As I spot him in a distance, I am surprised to find him here. What was it he said just days ago about him not going to the ball unless the girl was special?

Again, I had to remind myself that I should forget everything I knew about this guy. He said one thing and did the other.

I shouldn't care.

Kripa greeted him with a quick hug, "Hey bro! You finally made it to Valentine's Day party, huh?"

As he hugged her back, I felt his eyes on me but I chose to look around and ignore it. He answered after parting, "Couldn't say no to Lavanya."