9: You don't remember this face?

Start from the beginning

I quickly pulled away from Kyle and cleared my throat, without looking down I reached for my glass of water and drank it only to find it empty.

I peeked down at the empty glass and pouted. "Who drank my water?" I directed that question at Kyle, pointing an accusing finger at him.

"You." Kyle answered, his eyes dancing in amusement and lips pulled up in a sexy lazy grin.

"Me? When? You're lying." I shook my head not believing any word he said.

Amelia was biting her lip while Hannah sucked her cheeks inside trying to contain their laughter. I narrowed my eyes at them daring them to laugh at my face but fortunately for them, they didn't.

"Why would I lie, Rose?" Kyle cocked his head and waited for me response.

"Because you drank it." I mumbled and released a long sigh when I also noticed the glass pitcher empty. "I am so thirsty." I grumbled and I heard Kyle chuckle.

He raised his hand and motioned at one of the waiters at our table. The waiter saw his gesture and made his way towards our table.

"Yes, would you like anything, sir?" The waiter asked politely with a permanent, professional smile etched on his face.

"Yes, we need a refill of this." Kyle answered his query and gestured towards the empty pitcher.

"Okay. Anything else, sir?" The waiter continued in the same polite tone.

"No, that'd all." Kyle pulled his phone out of his pocket and cursed under his breath after reading the text he got.

The waiter picked the empty pitcher from our table and went away.

"Why do you look so tense?" I wanted to asked this to Kyle but Amelia beat me to it.

Kyle gave her a sheepish smile which tells me he did something wrong or stupid again.

His phone started vibrating on his hand and he brought his hand up to his lips and made a shush gesture at us. He cleared his throat and answered. "Yes."

I could hear a faint voice coming from the the other end of his call but couldn't make a word out of it.

Kyle listened to whatever the other person was saying then opened his mouth to reply. "I am on my way. I am stuck in a traffic." Kyle lied smoothly and if I was at the caller, I'd have believed him but clearly the caller didn't.

"I am not lying." Kyle lied again probably because the caller didn't bought his previous lie.

Kyle rolled his eyes at something the caller had said and bit the next words out. "The fuck I am lying and what does the background noise prove?"

Kyle had the audacity to snap at the caller when he was the one lying.

I grew curious at who the caller was that made him lie but he was still busy lying to notice my questioning gaze.

The waiter came and kept the filled pitcher at the table with a smile. "Anything else you would like?" He directed this question at all of us.

Kyle glared at the waiter who looked confused for a second by his reaction to his simple question. "No, thank you." I reprimanded and he walked away after giving us a curt nod and a weird look at Kyle.

"I am not at the restaurant." Kyle sighed and after a while of being silent, listening to what the other person was saying, he sat up straight and looked around the restaurant before saying, "Are you both stalking me?"

"Who is it?" Amelia asked, her eyebrow pulled together in confusion yet curious like me to know who he was talking to.

I waited for Kyle to answer her question but instead he continued talking on his phone. "No, I am not with Sunshine. She is not here." He mock glared at Amelia for busting his cover.