13. Saving

Katelyn P.O.V.

I looked at the pile in front of me. A pile of dried fruit. What am I?

....

I waited with Sphere. I was to protect them when they come with Blue Beetle in the bubble.

Then I saw them coming with him in the bubble shouting Death Threats? Sphere transformed and we rode off to the temple.

At some point during the journey, he asked, "White Beetle, why do you stand by these Earthlings? You could be with us instead?"

I looked at the other girls, they seemed to look at each other too. I decided in the end to not reply.

....

Blue Beetle P.O.V.

"Why don't you just control White? It would be much easier."

"We have never controlled her. The white scareb was off mode when we found her and we never got her at the right moment for Green Beetle to do anything."

The statement sent shivers down my spine. It just sounded wrong, but of course for human culture only, likely. Then the problem with why there is two scarebs on Earth in the first place. Did one come from another planet? Is there more to it than I know? Is Katelyn keeping secrets? No, why would she? For a lot of reasons actually?

....

Katelyn P.O.V.

We made it to the temple. We were heading in when there were some guards in the way.

"Hah, Queen Bee is on our side! Her minions will destroy you!"

Okay, not sure why I didn't rule this out before, but this is definetly not Jaime.

"Yay, I get some action."

"Mrasid." All their guns flew into the air.

"Oh come on!"

"You can still knock them out."

Impulse then knocked them out.

When we were in the actual temple and everything was in place, Green Beetle flew in.

Then the rest of Young Justice appeared to fight.

I used a sonic blast against him with the rest attacking. He got wrapped with Wonder Girl laso. Then they try to blast Zatanna, but Impulse grabbed the rope and swung Green Beetle in front of the blasts and he took the blast.

"Ensaelc eseht niopmah," Zatanna finished. The spell finished.

"Now, are we back to square one? Who's controlling the beetles?" asked Impulse.

"Leaver sohw slortnoc rouy sberacs." Both of their aromour came off to reveal who controlled their scarebs. I automatically took my armour off.

....

Jaime P.O.V.

"If only we had white beetle under our control. She could counter this," I heard the scientist say before I was in control. It seemed off. All the scarebs have the same powers other than differs in races meaning if she could do something I could do it too, right. Maybe it's why there's two scarebs on Earth.

"Leaver sohw slortnoc rouy sberacs," I heard Zatanna say before our armour was tooken off. I then saw Katelyn take off her armour without the spell. Some other things were said whilst I watched Katelyn walk over. She was pretty far away from where the spell happened. Was that on purpose?

....

Katelyn P.O.V.

I sat in my room at the current base. I was currently looking at a wand I had been given by my Mother. We each bad been given one for our third birthday. I had first choice for a reason I can't remember. In the end I had chosen Luna Lovegood's wand. For some reason I had managed to keep it with me for about 13 years. I wonder if Ashlyn and Brooklyn managed to do that.

Thats when I heard a knock.

"Katelyn, can I come in?" asked Jaime.

"Sure," I replied half-heartedly.

"Are you okay?" he asked when he was in the room.

"Yeah," I answered in the same tone.

"Wait, is that one of the Harry Potter wands?" he asked.

"Yes, it's Luna Lovegood's," I replied in a slightly more uplifting tone.

"How did you get it?" he questioned.

"My Mum gave a wand each to me and my sisters on our third birthday," I answered.

"Wow that's cool amigo, but how did you keep up for that long?"

"I was wondering that myself."

"By the way, are you keeping any secrets from the League?"

Oh and here we go. When somebody comes into your room they often want to ask you something, even if 90% of the times it's if you are okay.

"Not any important secrets."

Does being able to suck fruit dry and have a slight craving for blood count as important for a group of Superheroes?

"But you know you can tell me any, right?"

"I don't have any secrets to tell!"

Okay that's a lie.

"But then why would you react like that?"

"Leave me alone!"

Whilst arguing we were getting closer and closer to each other until...

"Are you guys okay? I heard some shouting from here. Err I'll just go," interrupted Superboy, who left straight away.

"Leave me only," I sobbed. He then left.

I cried into my pillow a and when I looked up, I saw a fruit bowl on my cabinet. It would involve me getting up to get one, but I tried something that I thought would definitely not work instead.

"Accio apple," I chanted whilst holding my wand and doing the action. I had seen the spell in the Harry Potter movies and decided to use it. What I wasn't excepting was for it to work.