• Dante •

Warning, abuse and death briefly mentioned.

3RD POV

"Aphmau... I don't think this is a good idea..."
"Aww, come on! You're gonna love 'em!"
"I-I don't know..."
"Stop thinking so negatively! Just give it a go."
"B-But I'm too shy! They'll never like me..."
"I like you!"
"You like everyone!"
"Whatever, you're coming whether you like it or not!" And with that, the raven haired girl dragged you down to the party being held at "the guys' house". You, having never met anyone else on Lover's Lane except for Aphmau, and being very shy, didn't know who this house belonged to.
Instead of knocking, Aphmau just barged in.

"Travis, Dante! I'm here~ with a new friend!"
You looked down and hid your face with your hands to steady your breathing. Usually, when you meet a lot of new people, you can get very stressed and you have an anxiety attack. Aphmau knew this of course, but obviously forgot, if she was pushing you into a party.
"Psst! Y/N..." Aphmau jabbed your side with her elbow and you yelped.
"Don't do that!" You shot your head up and glared at her. Then you looked around. Everyone in the room had their eyes on you. You immediately turned red with embarrassment and shrunk back, stuffing your hands with your sweater sleeves and biting your lip.

"Guys, this is Y/N."
Immediately everybody perked up and introduced themselves. You just stood there wishing that this hell could be over.
After everyone was finished bursting your personal bubble, they went back to partying. Again, you hung back and slipped outside to the back garden. You saw a bench next to the door, on the porch, and sat on it.
Sighing, you played with the hem of your F/C jumper and started thinking about random things. Anything other than socialising was better.

You heard a footsteps and someone sat down next to you. You looked up and saw that guy. Dante, was his name?
"The name's Dante. You met me before."
You just nodded and stayed quiet.
"You're Y/N, right?"
Another nod.
"Are you enjoying the party?"
You shook your head no.
"Why not?..."
"I-I don't like being around p-people. I stay inside a lot and play video games, mostly." You mumbled, barely over a whisper.
"You know, that's the first time I've heard you talk this evening."
You weren't surprised. You really didn't talk much at all.
"To be honest, I think you should talk more. Your voice is beautiful."
You blushed. "M-My voice isn't nice, it sounds terrible.."
"Not to me. Have you ever tried singing?"
"Well--" you were cut off by a voice from inside the house.
"Guys! We're playing Truth or Dare, come join!"
You really didn't want to. Dante gave you a reassuring smile, then stood up and walked inside, with you soon following.

"Come sit, come sit! This'll be a great way to let everyone get to know Y/N!"
You timidly sat down next to Dante.
"Ok! Garroth, truth or dare?" Aphmau asked.
"Hmph, dare!"
"I dare you to kiss Laurence!" She said as she prepared her camera.
"WHAT?!" The two screamed.
"Do it!" Aphmau hissed.
Garroth leant closer to Laurence and connected their lips.
Snap. "Whoops, the flash was on."
They quickly pulled away blushing.
Garroth soon regained his confidence and scanned the room.
"Y/N! Truth or dare?!"
"U-Um.... Truth.." You sure as hell didn't want to do a dare.
"Tell us about your past! What school did you go to? Where do you come from? What are your parents like?"

You zoned out after he said past.
Your eyes widened and you started shaking. Your breath hitched as memories of abuse flashed in your mind. Of the time when your father murdered your sister and mother, the blood from the cuts you gave yourself. You tried to forget, you did...

Quickly, you stood up and stumbled out of the door. You didn't know where your feet were taking you now.

Meanwhile, everyone was freaking out.
"What did I do wrong?" Garroth asked.
Aphmau was sweating like crazy. "I shouldn't have pushed her to come along! I'm so dumb, I forgot!"
"What?"
Aaron rubbed her back. "Usually she suffers from anxiety and depression. It's really serious and I forced her to go to a social event, completely forgetting about her condition."
"I'm going after her!" Dante screamed, and ran after you. In all honesty, Dante had no idea where you went, he just followed his instincts.
It didn't matter. You ended up in the same place anyway.

You dropped to your knees, exhausted and upset. Somehow you ended up in a grassy field, next to a park you couldn't identify. You sighed and started to cry. The dark night sky was filled with stars, beaming down on you as tears streamed down your face.
There was a light breeze and a quiet hum.
Suddenly, you were trapped in a warm embrace. Your sobs became small whimpers as you cried into the person's shoulder. Once you stopped crying, you wiped your tears, ready to face whoever this was.

Your eyes glazed over once more as you saw the familiar dark blue hair and eyes.
"D-Dante?.."
"You scared us! Do you know what could have happened to you?!" You could now see clearly that Dante was on the verge of tears as he gripped onto you tightly.
"S-Sorry..."
"Sorry?!" He shook your shoulders lightly.
"Y/N, please promise not to do that again..."
"Yeah... OK.." You smiled a little.
Dante sat next to you.
"So.. why'd you freak out?"
"I-I.... Um..." You hesitated.
"It's fine if you don't want to tell me, if it's a touchy subject I understand."
"It reminded me of things I wanted to forget... A terrible time where I lost everything."
"What happened?"
You took a deep breath. "When I was younger...."

__