Immortality Doesn't Mean You'll Live Forever

Hey, I'm Jinx and i'm new at this whole writing a story someone will actually be reading thing so I really need anyone who reads this to help me out first things first i need a title. I already planned where the story is going but i could deffinatly use ideas or even critisism on this piece. Anyways I hope you enjoy what i've written so far :)

Since the dawn of time it was man’s goal to survive, to be immortal. My dad gave up on that dream and now I think I know why. It all began four-hundred years ago at my father’s annual Gala at our mansion.

People’s carriages would come right up to our large gold doors where they would Step out onto a deep red carpet and enter into the main hall. The hall had a high ceiling with two curved stair cases of marble and mahogany on each side of the room leading up to the balcony where my friends and I looked down on all the people as if they where scum.

We may have been the children of some of the richest people in the world but, we could still see them as they really were, greedy monsters. While all these monsters cared about was money, we only cared about life and living it.

We wanted to live forever, to be immortal. We wanted to experience everything life had to offer and we realized we’d never have enough time to do all those things if we were to die.

This night, the night of my father’s Gala, was the night we were to become immortal. As the aristocrats danced, we crept down the stairs and into the dark and silent night. The only thing lighting our path was the moon which on this night, spread a red glow over everything.

We knew at the home of Eric Ice, a well-respected archeologist, we would find a pigeon blood ruby. This ruby was the key to immortality. In ancient texts that my friend, Albert Cronus had deciphered it tells of a legend that on the night of a red moon, the ruby would grant a wish to the person that touched it.

As we walked along the dirt road of AlabasterCounty, we felt as if we were the only people on earth, not a sound other than our footsteps broke the silence of the night. If you looked around us all you would see was an empty town painted in a hue of red.

As we grew closer to Eric’s home anxiety filled my body. What was I thinking robbing someone in the hopes that I could be immortal?...but that’s the word that kept me going. As we approached Eric’s home, we ran up the stairs, excited that we were this much closer to our dreams. But, as we looked at the door fear hit us. If we were caught we would surely have to face our parents again. They are the power, they may keep us from getting hung for robbing Eric but, that would keep us chained down to them forever. Immortality was the key to our escape.

When I slowly reached my hand out and tried to open the door I discovered it to be locked. This is the reason my friends are with me. I called forth Raul.

Raul’s parents would lock him in his own room, trying to keep him there as if he were their own personal toy. Every night after his parents fell asleep he would pick the lock on his door and escape to the outside. He’d sit under a tree, staring up at the stars and moon or explore the places he had never seen. Then he’d return home before his parents ever realized he had escaped.

Raul picked the lock to Eric’s front door so fast I didn’t even have a chance to take a breath after saying his name. We entered into the dark building that would soon seal our fates. When we reached Eric’s study, we found the ruby literally shining and floating under the glass he must’ve placed over it.

Ariel was the first to reach it. She didn’t even wait as she threw the glass off the ruby and to the floor causing it to shatter everywhere. She stood there staring at it until we joined her side.

As the five of us: Ariel, Albert, my brother Estar, Raul, and I reached out and touched the ruby we closed our eyes, in unison saying “I wish I was immortal”. We hadn’t even realized what we had just done.