Chapter 3

Damon's POV

I walked into the school building for my first day of teaching. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I was so worried about these students. Luckily, most of them are wolves and in my pack, so I'll be fine.

I walked into the gymnasium where I was to report for my first day. I saw the principal beckoning me over to him. As I walked over, I was the girls giving me lustful looks. I held back a shudder of repulse, for the only girl I want to look lustful at me is my mate.

"Good morning, Mr. Ryans," principal Wright said, holding a hand out for me to shake. "Find your way here okay?"

"Yes, sir," I said.

"That's good. Follow me and I'll introduce you to the students." I followed principal Wright up to the stairs that led to the stage. He had me wait as he went up.

I looked at the students as they came in, hoping to find my mate. Soon, the smell of vanilla and strawberry hit my nose, causing me to take a step back from the force. It was a wonderful smell. I looked all around, knowing that the smell belongs to my mate.

With my werewolf hearing, I heard the sound of running feet coming this way. I looked over to the gymnasium entrance to find a girl that looked about sixteen come running in panting. She looked over her shoulder, obviously running from something. I held in a growl at the thought of my mate running from something.

I saw a boy about a year or two older that her, sneak up behind her and wrap his arms around her. My wolf was quietly growling as he started spinning her in the air.

I couldn't focus on anything but the fact that mate was dating someone else. I was acting like a zombie as the principal called me up on stage and released all the students to their classes.

I went to my room after them, hoping that my mate was in my homeroom. As I walked in, the wonderful smell hit my nose again, and I bit back a smile. As I walked in, I listened to my mate and the girl that was with her conversation.

"OMG!" the girl next to my mate said, gushing. "He's our homeroom teacher!"

"Shhh," my mate said. "He'll hear you." God, her voice was so angelic, I could listen to it all day.

"Let him. Oh, how I would fuck him all day long if I could," the black-head said. I turned and looked at them, raising an eyebrow in shock at her words. My mate put her face in her hands and groaned.

"Bravo, Livie, Brav-fricken-o," she said through her fingers. The girl, Livie, giggled a bit.

"It's true." My mate looked her in the eye.

"I really DO NOT care about your sex life," she said. I held back a laugh.

"I do."

"Duh."

I held back an eye roll and walked over to my desk, sitting down before standing back up and addressing the class.

"Good morning, class," I said. Everyone said good morning back to my, some I could tell were a bit more flirtatious than others.

"Well, before we start, how about we go around the room and say names and one interesting fact," I carried on. "Just so I get to know each of you." I turned to face my mate. "Let's start with you." I watched as she shrunk back in her seat a bit, I'm guessing she's shy.

"My name's Marissa Sage, and I, um-" she stuttered.

"She loves wolves," the girl next to her pipped up. I tried to contain my glee, knowing that this might be easier than I thought.

"Oh, really?" I asked, smiling at her. She nodded and looked at her hands that were folded in her lap.

"That's good," I said. "That's really good. Next." I looked at the girl that was seated next to my mate.