Chapter:22

I led R.J down the hall to the room of the doctors office. He woke up with a killer fever and I got worried. All J.B wants to do is get some sleep after the season he's had. But he said he wasn't retiring until after he wins four world titles. So far he has three.

It was almost time for world finals once again and a sick child means I'm going to have to stay home with him so he won't get sick on the plane or anywhere else. I sat him on the examination table while a nurse took his temperature.

"103.4. Doesn't look good. Has it risen since this morning?" She asked. "By a degree." I told her. I stood next to R.J. He leaned against me obviously not feeling good. "Has he had his flu vaccine?" She asked. "He did last week." I told her. "Has he had any diarrhea or vomiting yet?" She asked.

"He would have woken us up if he had thrown up in the night. And he would have came and woke me up if he had diarrhea." I told her. "I'd start with fever reducer and if he vomits call in and ask." She said. "Other than that I think he just needs some rest."

I nodded and carried him out. It was late October and I was hoping to get this out of his system before we had to travel. Once home I found the fever reducer and gave it to him as said. Then laid him down on the couch with his favorite blanket and pillow.

He almost immediately fell asleep. "Hey how's he?" J.B asked. "His fever went up a degree by the time it was checked there. They told me to give him some fever reducer and to call back if he throws up or has diarrhea." I said.

"He'll probably have to stay home instead of going to finals." He said. "I'm hoping he gets over it by this weekend." I said. "Same here."

I could tell he was still sore from the last ride he had. "Why don't you go shower and get cleaned up." I told him. "As long as you'll join me." He said. "I can't leave him alone in here." I said. "He's out cold. He needs to sleep."

I then went with him still worried about R.J. "Stress isn't good for you baby." He said. The water ran over the both of us as he kissed me against the shower tiles.

-----------------

I started getting antsy because something has yet to start again! I left R.J at home with his dad so I could run out and get something. After I had gotten it I went up and took it. Just as I thought. Two pink lines. No freaking way. Just as we got our toddler to use the toilet little over two months ago I am now going to be having another child.

This time I hid the test behind my back and stood at the doorway of R.J's bedroom while J.B put him down for a nap. Once the door was closed I showed him the test. "Again?" He asked quietly. My smile dropped. "Why? Didn't you want more children?" I asked. He pulled me into our bedroom.

"Of course I wanted more children. I'm just shocked you are pregnant again! I just can't wait to see this one!" He said.

----------------------

Three months ultrasound. At the two months they couldn't see the baby very well and had us come back this month. I sat on the examination table while J.B was next to me and R.J played with toys on the floor.

"Alrighty let's see if the baby can be see today." The doctor said after my heart was checked. "Huh that's something new." He said. I furrowed my brows. "What is it?" J.B asked. "It seems there are three heartbeats including Chesney's that could only mean one thing."

"Twins." J.B and I said together.