Chapter:16

Crying. I woke up to baby crying. I looked beside me seeing the bed empty. Then checked the time. I got up and went into the nursery set up for our boy. There by the crib was J.B trying to calm him.

I walked over sleepily and rested my hand on his arm. "It's not a dirty diaper and he's not hungry." He said. "Here let me try." I said. He handed R.J to me and stood back. I went over to the rocking chair and sat down. He was still crying but silenced as I continued to rock.

"Only you could figure out what's wrong." J.B said kneeling next to it. "I'd try to rock him next time if he didn't want food or his diaper changed." I said. "Yeah. These late nights are going to have us both worn out by his first birthday."

Once R.J was asleep once again I stood up and set him back in the crib. He was still sound asleep when we returned to our bed. Two months old and we've got the rest of his childhood to deal with. Until he either goes off to college or follows in his dad's footsteps.

Before I completely fell back asleep he was crying again. "I got him." J.B said getting up. I can't wait until this stops. I could hear him talking quietly to our son in the next room over after the crying had quieted.

"Your going to be a big boy one of these days and help your mommy and daddy around here. Your going to love getting into the ranch." I could hear him say. I dozed off falling fast asleep.

--------------

I woke up early in the morning before J.B was even awake. I turned his alarm off knowing he was up again all night with R.J. I went into the little bub's room seeing him looking up trying to see everything. It's been four months since he was born.

I picked him up and changed his diaper and dressed him up for the day. I went out and fed bulls with the tot before going back to fix breakfast. I turned the coffee pot on then started on something quick and easy for the summer heat on the way.

The whole time I was cooking I had R.J in his bouncer. He played with the toys and tried to bounce. One of these days he's going to figure it out and be jumping. I could already smell the food and thought it would wake a certain someone up.

After I was done I fixed myself a plate and fed R.J. My cheek was kissed then I saw him fix a plate of food before sitting next to me. I finished feeding R.J and eating and took my dishes to the sink. I washed my own dishes and set them out to dry.

I then cleaned R.J up and set him back in his bouncer to finish cleaning the kitchen up. I set a coffee cup in front of J.B just the way he likes it. "Thank you baby."

Once that was done I went and checked R.J's diaper before having to change it once more. I carried him outside to the truck. J.B was soon out too. "Have the bulls been fed?" He asked sleepily. "I fed them for you. And turned your alarm off so you could get an extra hour of sleep." I said.

He nodded while yawning. "Sure you don't need to go back to bed?" I asked him. "I'm fine." He said setting R.J on his lap while driving. After we went out to look at the cattle from his perspective I got a call from my bull caretakers.

"Yes I'm going to move them here."
"Yes ma'am when do you want them moved?"
"Preferably loaded and hauled here starting today." I told him.
"Yes ma'am we'll move them all here. Do you want the cows too?" He asked.

I looked up seeing J.B and our son in his arms. "The ranch owns the cows. I only own the bulls. Just bring the bulls. I've still got to sell the place and chances are Jared Allen is going to buy the ranch."
"Alright we'll load them up into trailers and bring them there." He said before hanging up.

"Everything alright?" J.B asked. "Yeah. They were already supposed to be on the road with the bulls and they were waiting until I told them to." I said.

"Don't worry baby. They'll get here with them." He said wrapping an arm around me. I wrapped both around him. "They'll be here in a few days. Don't worry they usually get to their destination on time." He added.