Gifts and Getting Up

John Stephen's POV

I watched as Lacey's frown turned into a huge smile when Cole pulled out her necklace. He clasped the necklace around her neck and ran his fingers along her shoulders turning her toward him. "Cole, it's gorgeous!" she said. "Happy six month anniversary." he said to her. I smiled as she hugged him, glad their small fight was finally over. As I watched the exchange between Cole and Lacey, it made me think of something. 

"Hey, Summer?" I said, touching her shoulder. She turned to me. "Yeah?" she replied. I smiled as I reached into my own back pockets and pulled out a small, white pandora box. I held it out in front of me and watch her eyes light up. "No, you didn't!" she gasped, covering her face with her hands. I nodded as I opened the box and saw her eyes go wide. "The Valentine's edition?" she questioned.

I smiled and slid it around her wrist. "John Stephen, it's amazing!" she said, jumping into my arms and hugging me tightly.

Summer's POV

I smiled as I heard the oven's shrill 'beep beep beep'. "Who wants cupcakes?" I asked. Everyone cheered as we walked into the kitchen. I slid on a pair of oven mits and pulled out the tray, setting it on the stovetop. "Those look so good." Lacey said as she breathed in the delicious scented air. "So, are we gonna frost the babies or what?" Cole asked us. I nodded, taking off the oven mits. "Of course, but we have to wait until they cool off." I told him.

"How about we have some popcorn and watch TV while we wait?" I said to everyone. They all nodded as I pulled out a family size bag of Smartfood. "Oh no," the bys said as Lacey and I ripped open the bag, each taking a handful. We laughed as they shook their heads at us. Once we had the popcorn and a few sodas, we all went and sat down on the couch.

--------------------------------------------

After about half an episode of Kim of Queens, which Lacey and I forced the boys to watch every so often, the cupcakes were cooled enough to frost. I pulled the tray out of the fridge, along with a bowl of cream cheese frosting John Stephen and I had made earlier. Cole jumped up behind me and grabbed the bowl of frosting. "This looks so good!" he said, peeling back the thin layer of plastic wrap that covered the bowl. He was just about to swipe his finger through the frosting when Lacey grabbed the bowl from him.

"Hey! You can't stick your fingers right in the bowl. You have to wait, Mr. I-Have-No-Patience." she said, handing the bowl back to me. I laughed at them as Cole scooped her up in his arms and carried her off into our bedroom. I looked at John Stephen and laughed. "Looks like its just you and me again." I said. He nodded and walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around me and resting them on my waist.

----------------------------------------------

Lacey's POV

Cole carried me into mine and Summer's bedroom, tossing me on my bed. "What do you think you're doing?" I asked him, smiling. He smirked, looking down at me. "Throwing you on your bed. What does it look like?" he laughed. "Well, last time I checked, you couldn't frost cupcakes in a bedroom." I smirked, waving my finger at him. "Who says?" he replied, mischievously.

He ran out of the room and came back two minutes later with Summer, John Stephen and a tray with cupcakes, frosting and frosting spatulas on it. He set the tray down on the bed as Summer and John Stephen sat down on Summer's bed. I laughed as Cole grinned at me. "I stand corrected." I giggled as I grabbed a cupcake and a spatula and began frosting.

------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up with my head against Cole chest. The tray from last night was set on the floor next to my bed and Summer was in her bed. But John Stephen wasn't in the room. I pulled Cole's arm off of my waist and got out of bed. Wandering around the dorm I finally found him in the kitchen.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked him. He turned to me, the look on his face said he was obviously shocked that I was up. "Oh, hey. You scared me. I was just making breakfast for everyone." he smiled, after he calmed himself. I smiled back to him. "That's so sweet of you." I told him. Just then I felt a pair of arms warm around my stomach. They were much to thin to be Cole's so I reached my arms back slowly and tickled the person's sides. "Stop! Lacey, stop it!" Summer giggled as her arms pulled away from me.

I laughed as I stopped tickling her and walked out of the kitchen. I tiptoed down to our bedroom and saw Cole still asleep in my bed. I smiled and quietly moved closer to the bed. I counted silently, in my head before jumping on top of him. His eyes opened and he bolted up into a sitting position. "Gosh, Lace. What on earth?!" he asked, very surprised by his awakening. I laughed and shrugged my shoulders. "You didn't get up fast enough, so I got you up." I laughed. He shook his head and pushed the comforter off of himself before getting out of the bed.

"John Stephen is making breakfast. Better hurry up before him and Summer eat it all." I laughed. He looked at me, eyes wide, before bolting out of the room and into the kitchen. I knew food would get him.