A Thousand Years and A Single Kiss

Summer's POV

"Oh my gosh! This is amazing!" Lacey said as she walked into the theatre. The stage at the front was huge and the edge was lined with downstage lights. "I cannot believe this. This is not real!" she said. "I'm gonna guess you really like acting." Cole said, smirking. I nodded. "She sings too." I said.

Lacey stopped dead in her tracks and did a pencil spin to face me. "Summer..." she said, almost ad if giving me a warning. I laughed. "And she's amazing. Don't let her tell you otherwise." I told Cole, though not breaking eye contact with Lacey. "Why don't you sing for us then?" John Stephen said, smiling at her. I nodded enthusiastically as she immediately shook her head 'no'.

"Come one, Lace! Get up there." I said, pushing her to the stage. She finally gave in and got up on stage. "What do you want me to sing?" she asked, looming at me for suggestions. I thought about it for a moment. "A Thousand Years by Christina Perri." John Stephen said, before I could give her any suggestions. I looked back at him and saw hi. gazing up at her. He looked as though he were in a trance. Huh...

Lacey began singing and everyone went quiet. "Heart beats fast, colors and promises. How to be brave, ho can I love when I'm afraid to fall. But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow." she sings, looking down at John. I watched on as their eyes connected and you could almost see the chemistry. No, no this isn't happening.

As Lacey sang, I felt a hand slide onto my waist. I loomed over and saw Baylor standing next to me. He smiled down at me and I grinned, completely forgetting about John and Lacey.

-------------------------------------------------------

Once Lacey finished, we all went back into the costume area and the dressing rooms. As we entered the room I heard Lacey and I gasp at the same time. The amount of clothing, cloth, make up and hairspray in this room was unreal. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Lacey and I had done hair and makeup for a few plays and musicals that we were in to get her in high school, but we never had this much supplies. I was in shock and awe. I could tell that Lacey was too.

We wandered around for a little bit, separating ways as Baylor followed me one way and Cole and John Stephen followed Lacey the other way. I came to a large vanity with a bench just big enough for two people to sit on. I took a seat as Baylor joined me on the bench.

"How amazing is this?" I asked him, still looking around. He nodded. "Pretty amazing. Like you."he added quietly. "What was that?" I asked, turning to him. Though, instead of answering me he just leaned in, pressing his lips gently to mine.