Secrets and Something Wrong

Summer's POV

"Can one of you call him? Maybe have him meet us." I asked the boys. John Stephen scoffed and walked over to the line. Why did he do that? Was something wrong. I suddenly got distracted from my thoughts when I saw Cole peck Lacey on the cheek before walking out of the cafe. "What was that?" I asked her, raising my eyebrow. Her head shot up quickly to look at me and her eyes looked like she was a deer in the headlights. "What was what?" she said, trying to play it off. Oh, no she is not getting off that easy.

"Don't give me that. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Why did Cole just kiss your cheek?" I said, stmaping my foot on the ground for emphasis. Her hands started to twitch and she began twirling a few strands of hair around her finger. She always did that when she was nervous. "Come on. Tell me!" I whined. She broke. "Ok, fine. Last night, me and Cole, we had a couple-" "A couple what?!" I asked, almost dying. "We had a few moments. He may or may not have kissed me. Like three times." she said, mumbling the last part. 

"How many times?! Wait, he kissed you?!" I shouted. "Dude, shut up!" she said, firmly. I covered my mouth and scurried toward her, just as Cole walked back in. I smiled and I watched her cheeks turn red as he came up beside her. "Baylor will be here in five minutes." he said. I nodded and decided to drop the topic for now, walking back over to John Stephen. "Hey," I said, resting my head on his shoulder. He didn't answer me, he just stood there looking forward like a staute, moving with the line.

"John? What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing." he said. Oh, yeah. That was super convincing! "Come on, something must be wrong. Why aren't you talking to me?" I asked. "Summer," he began, turning to me. He shook his head, resting his hnads on my waist. "Nothing's wrong, don't worry about a thing." he said. "What do you want to drink?" he asked me.

------------------------------------------------

"Hey guys." Baylor said as he stepped into the coffee shope, walkign over to the table we were all sitting at. "Hey." I said as he sat down in the empty chair next to me. I pulled the sweatshirt off the back of my chair, handing it to him. "You forgot this last night." I smiled. He winked as me as he took it from my hands. "Thanks, Summer. You can keep it if you want." he offered. I giggled, glancing at John Stephen who was looking particularly upset.

"Um, no thanks. Thank you for the offer though." I said, touching his shoulder lightly.

"So, what should we do today?"Cole asked us. "Ooh! I really want to check out the the theatre district." Lacey said. Of course she did, theatre was her life. But then again, I also really wanted to see the theatre district. I smiled. "Me too. Is it cool if we go see it?" I asked. The boys looked around at each other and nodded.

We all stood and exited the coffee shop, headed directly for the theatre district.