It's Only Just A Matter Of Time

Havana.

What's the point of Valentine's Day if some people aren't going to have one? At first, I was kind of jealous but now it's just another day. Even though I still wish I had one. I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror. I decided to get all dolled up but what's the point? Its not like anyone will notice me. I walked downstairs and made myself a bowl of cereal. It's so quiet around the house; mom is at work and Marvin is...somewhere. I finished my cereal and put it in the sink. I grabbed my bookbag and walked outside. I love how it's sunny outside. I just hope that it'll match my mood today.

***

"Hey Havana."

I turned around and saw Zayn smiling at me.

"Hi, how's your morning so far." I replied.

"It's okay so far. Who are you getting all dolled up for?" Zayn said, smirking at the last part.

"No one, just myself." I chuckled.

"You look beautiful by the way." Zayn complimented.

"Thanks." I cheered, slightly blushing.

"Anytime, love." Zayn replied, grabbing my hand.

At that moment I just wanted to melt. We walked to class and when we walked in, I felt stares and heard whispers from everywhere.

"Who does she think she is?"

"Why is he with her?"

"He looks better with me."

"She's trying too hard."

As usual, I ignored them all and walked to my seat next to Zayn. 

"So, what are you doing for Valentine's Day?" Zayn asked.

"Probably just going to sit in my room by myself." I answered, honestly.

"Oh. Well, I was thinking maybe I could take you out after school. That's if you don't mind." Zayn, replied.

I started to contemplate the situation and said,

"Uhm, sure." 

"Alright." Zayn replied, smiling at the end.

I smiled back and then class started. Turns out that we had a sub today so, the class did nothing but goof off and talk. I had Zayn to keep me company.

"So, you're from London?" I questioned.

"Bradford, it's in London" Zayn corrected.

"Oh." I replied.

"They called me the 'Bad Boy from Bradford'." Zayn added.

"Really?" I asked, giggling at the end.

"Yeah. Before I moved, I would constantly get suspended which lead to expulsion. So my mom and dad moved us out here in LA." Zayn explained.

"So what are we talking about here?"

Zayn and I turned around only to slightly cringe is disgust. What does Chris want now? Rolling my eyes, I turned back around only to be yanked back.

"Just because you have a new 'friend' doesn't mean you can act different." Chris growled.

"Hey get off her man! What's your problem?" Zayn shouted, pulling me out of Chris' grip.

"Hey! Sit down or I'll send you two outside!" The sub yelled.

Chris sucked his teeth and stormed off to his seat. Zayn plopped down in his seat next to mine. He looked like he was ready to kill someone.

"Are you okay." I asked, concern laced in my voice.

"Yeah. Are you okay?" Zayn replied.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered.

"Does he bully you? And don't lie." Zayn said, firmly.

Damnit, he's catching on. No point in lying. I hesitated before answering,

"Yeah, he does."

"Havana, you have to stand up for yourself. This isn't right at all. You don't deserve this." Zayn lectured.

"I try to-"

"No you don't. From what I just saw, it doesn't even look like you think about standing up for yourself. Have some self-confidence. Don't let him win anymore." Zayn interrupted.

"I will." I mumbled.

Why does he care? He's just the new kid. He'll just leave me and go off to better his social status like everyone else. Hell, he might even join Chris and his posse and make my life even worse. It's only just a matter of time.

|I meant to update this yesterday for Valentine's Day but, I couldn't finish. Zayn and Havana's date is gonna be in the next chapter! I should have that posted hopefully by today. Havana's outfit is in the MM and that video is of Zayn :). Comment and Vote! -Andrea |