𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐀

────── ★★★ ──────

It had been about an hour since Everly and Henry parted ways with Regina and Katherine. Despite wanting to stay and try to prove to them that what they were saying was true, they knew it was just a waste of time. Especially since they knew Emma was here. So instead, they found themselves walking along the docks in search of a certain boat that belonged to a certain captain. And when they finally found the Jolly Roger, joy filled every inch of the Jones girl's body. Nothing else seemed to matter as she and Henry walked across the platform and onto the deck.

"Ahoy!" Henry called out, only to be greeted by silence, "is anyone here?!"

"Careful," a familiar voice warned, causing them to turn around to find Killian walking toward them. Everly couldn't fight the smile forming on her lips as the pirate captain stopped in front of them and continued speaking. "No one steps aboard the Jolly Roger's decks without an invitation from its captain first."

"Are you going to make us walk the plank?" the Mills boy questioned as he walked up the steps to join the Jones man on the upper deck.

"All depends on why you're here."

"We need a ship to take us to the Bottomless Sea," Everly announced while trying her best to pretend that they'd never met before.

"Dangerous waters," Sam responded as he walked across the deck to stand beside Killian, "there must be something of great value there to be worth taking the risk."

"Someone," Henry corrected while handing the Jones man a map, "her name is Emma. She's my mom. And she was put there by the Queen."

"Well, then, I'm sorry for you," the Jones man responded as he looked between Henry and Everly then over at Sam. The two of them stared at each other for a moment before Killian looked back over at the pair in front of him and sighed. "Even if we wanted to, we can't help you."

"Why? You're the captain," Everly retaliated with a hint of annoyance in her voice, "you can take your ship wherever you want."

Nervous looks instantly appeared on Killian and Sam's faces when laughter cut through the air. Everly and Henry soon turned around to find Blackbeard walking onto the ship. "A captain? Is that who he says he is? I thought I told the two of you to be done swabbing the decks when I returned."

"I'm sorry, Captain Blackbeard," the raven-haired man said as joy evaporated from Everly's body. She should've known that her family's happiness in this world was too good to be true.