𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑

────── ★★★ ──────

When Everly woke up the next morning, she found Sam's bed empty and him nowhere to be found. Confusion flowed through her veins as she looked around the room until her eyes settled on the open window. She just stared at it for a moment before getting to her feet and poking her head out the window to find Sam sitting on the fire escape with a piece of paper in his hands.

"What's that?" the Jones girl asked, causing her brother to jump as she climbed out the window to sit next to him. After watching him shove the paper into his pocket, Everly finally noticed the fear in his eyes. "Are you okay, Sammy?"

"I'm fine," the blonde boy responded without looking over at her.

"Are you sure?" Everly asked, unaware of Sam's hands forming into fists in his jacket pockets, "you look like you've seen a ghost."

"I said I'm fine!" Sam shouted, making his sister jump before her eyes widened to the size of small planets.

The Jones boy just stared at her for a moment before a guilty look appeared on his face. It wasn't long after that when he pushed past her and climbed back through the window. Everly didn't hesitate to follow him back inside, only to find him storming out of the room and slamming the door behind him. The sound caused Katherine to sit up so fast that she almost fell out of bed. She just sat there for a moment, trying to comprehend what just happened, before she looked over at Everly. However, before the Scott girl had a chance to speak, the Jones girl's phone rang.

"Hey, Killian."

"The Dark One's back," the pirate captain announced, making Everly realize she forgot to tell him about what they discovered the night before...and to get him his chocolate cake.

"I know. We saw him last night," the Jones girl responded, earning an annoyed sigh from Killian before she continued speaking, "I was gonna tell you, but you were asleep when we got back."

"Next time wake me up," Killian told her as a smile formed on Everly's face even though she knew he couldn't see it, "and make sure you, Sam, and Katherine stay together. We don't know what the witches and the Dark One are planning."

"Yeah. About that. Sam just stormed out of the room. I've never seen him act that way before."

"Find him...and please stay safe."

"We will."

"What happened with Sam?" Katherine asked after watching Everly hang up the phone.

"I don't know," the Jones girl admitted while trying her best to hide the fear in her voice as she looked over at the redheaded girl, "can you try calling Sam? He might answer you."